New Contributor

G.I.L.I. Oro Nuovo 8inch Status Rolo Link Bracelet in 14k Item# J295191, Shown During Klondike Gold Rush. NEED HELP ASAP

Help please anyone! Can anyone tell me why these pieces are not 14k when they arrive to you? No where on this entire bracelet is it stamped 14k Italy. This is a costly piece and Lisa Robertson said she even owns this bracelet, but without that marking people will think its costume Jewerly. My entire family all had a turn examining it carefully and this is clearly not marked. Has this happened to anyone else.?
Respected Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Oro Nuovo 8inch Status Rolo Link Bracelet in 14k Item# J295191, Shown During Klondike Gold Rush. NEED HELP ASAP

Perhaps they are getting somehow pushed not to mark this and other filled jewelry 14k any longer. The Cash for Gold places can't cut into them when they offer money for your jewelry and the other pieces I've seen did not disclose in anyway they were filled by their markings. Jewelers who were asked to repair them wouldn't know either destroying them by accident.

Side note, I've never had anyone ask to see the Karat mark on any jewelry piece. I find it strange your friends or family do.

New Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Oro Nuovo 8inch Status Rolo Link Bracelet in 14k Item# J295191, Shown During Klondike Gold Rush. NEED HELP ASAP

Well this is the thing, I am one percent Italian was born their, I have tons of gold Jewerly and all my gold Jewerly is stamped. The bracelet I got is huge and without the signature stamp no one will think this is real. Here in Boston my personal jeweler and others will not buy your gold without that stamp on it. I am very disappointed.
Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Sturtles said: Well this is the thing, I am one percent Italian was born their, I have tons of gold Jewerly and all my gold Jewerly is stamped. The bracelet I got is huge and without the signature stamp no one will think this is real. Here in Boston my personal jeweler and others will not buy your gold without that stamp on it. I am very disappointed.

This is my point. They see the karat stamp, weigh it and assume they are buying gold and the weight is GOLD. If it's a thin sheet over resin or silicone they are getting ripped off. Some here on the boards have reported selling this "gold " to cash for gold places. The secondary market for this product line with no marking to disclose it's core is ripe for trouble for all involved in the transaction.

Honored Contributor

Seems to me the options are to call CS and inquire or to return it. I recall the bracelet though I don't recall what it sold for. I guess my choice would be made based on whether I liked it and bought it for day to day wear or whether it was bought as an investment piece. As investment jewelry, I'd steer clear of the filled pieces, though I own a number that I enjoy wearing without giving a second thought to whether or not I can sell them down the road. As for gold buyers getting ripped off, that's not remotely my concern.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Well in the past obviously QVC as concerned about the buyers and secondary owners and jewelers. Diamonique items are clearly marked DMQ. Is this to warn others they are NOT buying a Diamond?

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 stevieb said:

Seems to me the options are to call CS and inquire or to return it. I recall the bracelet though I don't recall what is sold for. I guess my choice would be made based on whether I liked it and bought it for day to day wear or whether it was bought as an investment piece. As investment jewelry, I'd steer clear of the filled pieces, though I own a number that I enjoy wearing without giving a second thought to whether or not I can sell them down the road. As for gold buyers getting ripped off, that's not remotely my concern.

Many buy gold jewelry on ebay, these pieces are being sold there. Are all listed as filled with resin?

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 esmeraldagooch said:

Well in the past obviously QVC as concerned about the buyers and secondary owners and jewelers. Diamonique items are clearly marked DMQ. Is this to warn others they are NOT buying a Diamond?

QVC marks it items and includes certain product information inserts because of the requirements set forth in federal and, to a lesser extent, state regulations. I believe that these filled items do not meet some particular rule specifying what can and cannot be stamped as "gold," whether 14k, 18, or 22k.

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Sturtles said: Well this is the thing, I am one percent Italian was born their, I have tons of gold Jewerly and all my gold Jewerly is stamped. The bracelet I got is huge and without the signature stamp no one will think this is real. Here in Boston my personal jeweler and others will not buy your gold without that stamp on it. I am very disappointed.

I think you should return it. Those pieces were less costly than real gold, but still pretty pricey for the actual amount of gold and whatever witches-brew resin is on the inside.

Super Contributor

Strutles, hopefully, you purchased the bracelet for its looks and not for its investment value because there is none. My sister is a jeweler, and yes all karat jewelry is positively stamped, the gold industry demands it. Also a qualified and accredited jeweler will see through a loop that diamonique is a CZ. If you buy these pieces for fun and pleasure, then enjoy them for what they are, I do.