Valued Contributor

Several JR Pieces on Clearance Today

Just click "Just Reduced" on home page and they are listed. A cuff and two rings. Good luck!
Super Contributor

Re: Several JR Pieces on Clearance Today

I had the turquoise cuff in my wish-list J293603. June it was priced at $283.00, last week they marked it up to $306.00, up $23.00. A week later( 8.18.14) QVC puts it on clearance at $236.00. It seems as though you are saving 70.00 , but actually it more like 47.00. The Q ups the price , right before putting it on clearance, sure makes it look like you are getting a better deal. Thanks for the heads up, Waterbaby. I know it's all about making money....

moongirl

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed QVC doing that "raise the price then mark it down" game. What is really disingenuous to me is when QVC raises the price on items that have been on clearance, and thus no new orders, to justify it. I have a couple of non JR clearance items that I have been tracking for literally 2 yrs and QVC just raised the price on them.

I don't understand why they seem to be the only retailer who takes no effort to move out their old inventory by cutting the price. When I was more naive, I called CS about this and was actually told it was a marketing strategy. lol

Valued Contributor

Yes, indeed. It's been like that no only on jewelry but clothes too, for years. It works for them so there is no need to change. When I fill out their surveys that I occasionally get online, I always mention this and also about the high shipping charges to and return. Oh, well. They have a few vendors that I really love and for the most part can't get anywhere else so I continue to buy. No longer a JR collector but I do like to check out new things.