Super Contributor

RLM's NEW Jewelry Coming to Q… Lisa R. gave sneak peek NOW

LR is wearing a bold silver looking cuff and a ring to match. Both pieces look SOOO RLM and are so my kind of jewelry! However I saw on RLM's FB page these pieces are costume jewelry and made from BRONZE!! Really??!?? That's kinda disappointing. What do you jewelry mavens think? Isn't Bronze jewelry going to tarnish faster than you can blink?? Just like his Brass pieces did that ended up being a flop here at Q. In my opinion when RLM started to use Brass in his collection is when his jewelry sunk, and sunk fast. Nobody wants to have to baby their jewelry and constantly clean it. I know I certainly don't. I don't have the time for that. The tarnishing of the brass was the consensus of most complaints.

So I'm just curious are there other forms of BRONZE out there that Robert Lee Morris could be using to make these pieces looking great for a long time?? If not, I'm afraid this new collection won't be here for the long haul.

If you haven't checked out QVC tonight 9p - 12a EST, take a peek at LR's BOLD cuff. It is DYNAMITE!!! Wonder how much these pieces are going to sell for?

Your thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Re: RLM's NEW Jewelry Coming to Q… Lisa R. gave sneak peek NOW

I noticed that gorgeous cuff, too! But... if it's not sterling silver, I' m not interested.
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Sawn said: I noticed that gorgeous cuff, too! But... if it's not sterling silver, I' m not interested.

Sawn, those were my initial thoughts too. Disappointed for sure when I saw on Robert's FB page these new pieces are made from Bronze even though the jewelry looks very much like sterling. But I'm sure if that bold cuff was sterling the price would be through the roof. It looks quite hefty & thick!! Still curious to know the price for what it is. Anxiously will be waiting.

Contributor

I have a couple of RLM sterling pieces, I luv them, and they were expensive for me at the time I bought them. I also have his brass bangles, wear them all the time, never tarnish and gets tons of comments, especially the Andy Warhol pieces. The cuff that Lisa has on looks great and if it was 100% sterling it would way over a thousand dollars. I can't wait for this collection!

Super Contributor

Just saw it on Google for $595 and it is RLM. Wow!

Super Contributor

Just saw it on Google for $595 and it is RLM. Wow!

Super Contributor

it is available at Nieman for $595....sorry about the double post.

Trusted Contributor

I really like the cuff but hoped it was sterling. I should have known better. I do have several solid, heavy pieces of the rose bronze but I haven't ventured into the yellow or gold bronze. And don't intend too. I have just about all I need or want of the bronzo line. I've been buying what I can of Robert's original designs as I thought the new line would be less silver. That is a same.

Super Contributor

Maybe it is done in white Bronzo - they have been doing all 3 gold colors in Bronzo so maybe that is how he is doing such a substantial cuff?

Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Fur Dude said:

it is available at Nieman for $595....sorry about the double post. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I am astounded, jaw dropped at THAT PRICE!!! I too just took a look @ Neiman's website and sure enough that BOLD CUFF LR was wearing was on there. Attached was a big ole whopping price of $595. Description stated Silver Plated Brass!!! Unless he did an exact copy of that cuff for QVC viewers, that cuff or his new line in general, I do not see selling well here at ALL!!! With that price, it should be sterling silver through & through!! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

So many viewers are going to be quite disappointed when LR posts the link on FB to purchase that cuff on Sunday @ 4pm as it was highly coveted on her page tonight. It's a no wonder she wore it tonight for the beauty show to promote it and get viewers interested in it BEFORE showing her "cards"… a.k.a. the price!! Wow!! Lisa can sell ice to eskimos it seems but I'll be surprised if this one does well for the materials used and for how much it costs. But now it all makes sense at to why she wore it tonight.

Crossing my fingers Q gives a FAB deal and the Neiman's price will not be our price. We'll see….. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}