Super Contributor

I went and sold some of my jewelry that I never wear

I bought most of it 15-18 years ago. Beautiful Italian gold pieces I collected when I was really in to jewelry. I find at 60, I just do not need or want it any more. It has sat in the jewelry cases never being worn for years.....So I went to a place called rare coins and jewelry. It was a very nice place and experience. The fellow was pleasant and explained everything as far as weight and value. I know they are in business to make money, and I am sure they did....still I walked out the door $16,000 richer than when I came in the door with never worn jewelry. That is a nice check! I plan to return again sometime with more as I go through it again.... Little by little get to where I have only what I wear and enjoy. It feels good!
Valued Contributor

Re: I went and sold some of my jewelry that I never wear

WOW!!! That's an amazing value!!! Congratulations! So what will you do with the extra $$$? Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, you did good, especially if you weren't using your jewelry anymore. Do something nice for yourself with the money.

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a windfall! You must have had an extreme amount of jewelry, though? I've got about 10 or 12 necklaces and the same about in bracelets and several rings with various stones or diamonds in them. I thought the time had passed to make a profit on it. Couple of them have broken clasps, too. Congratulations!
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

That's a nice chunk!!! Congrats! Just curious, approximately how many pieces did you bring to them to receive such a large amount of money in return? It appears you brought a lot of jewelry!!

Respected Contributor

Wow! Good for you.
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

That's a nice chunk!!! Congrats! Just curious, approximately how many pieces did you bring to them to receive such a large amount of money in return? It appears you brought a lot of jewelry!!

I had a lot of very gram weight heavy pieces..... Bought when gold was really low 15 years ago. Much of it was bought off of Value Vision when they sold high quality Italian gold. 14 K and 18 K ... Everything was at least 12 grams up to 40 grams . One necklace alone was 90 grams. I also had a one carat solitaire diamond necklace I never really liked and never wore they gave me $2000 for that. I had a lucky angel gold coin pendant I payed $99 years ago and got $300 for today. It was a nice haul.
Respected Contributor

Another WOW! That's a lot of jewelry! Have fun with your windfall!

Respected Contributor

Wowza good for you!!! Enjoy spending it!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Now you can pay those dental bills!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment