Respected Contributor

Question about IM ceramic watch.

I purchased the black and white ceramic watch about a month ago and I just realized that when setting it the hands go in the opposite direction of all my other watches. When I turn the stem, the hands don't move clockwise -- they go backwards. If you own this watch, do you have the same experience? I'm just wondering if I should be concerned.

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about IM ceramic watch.

J288614 is the item number.

Honored Contributor

If this one is like the other Isaac watches, it has a screw down crown (stem). It's important that the crown be screwed down properly to keep out dirt and water. Try unscrewing the crown by turning it to the left as you face it; you should then be able to pull it all the way out and turn the hands either way. After you get it set, push the crown in while you screw it to the right until it's tight. You must screw and push in at the same time.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 8/16/2014 kachina624 said: If this one is like the other Isaac watches, it has a screw down crown (stem). It's important that the crown be screwed down properly to keep out dirt and water. Try unscrewing the crown by turning it to the left as you face it; you should then be able to pull it all the way out and turn the hands either way. After you get it set, push the crown in while you screw it to the right until it's tight. You must screw and push in at the same time.

I understand that Kachina, but my question is when setting the time, why do the hands turn counter clockwise instead of clockwise as all my other watches do?

Honored Contributor

It sounds like your crown is in the wrong position and may be hindering the movement of the hands. That's why I suggested you unscrew then screw it in correctly.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 8/16/2014 kachina624 said: It sounds like your crown is in the wrong position and may be hindering the movement of the hands. That's why I suggested you unscrew then screw it in correctly.

I did do that.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone own this watch that can tell me if the hands (when setting the time and the stem is pulled out) move clockwise or counter clockwise?

Super Contributor

Mine moves freely clockwise or counterclockwise.
Respected Contributor

Why is it no one gets what I am asking

Super Contributor

Sorry, but everyone is trying to answer. Are you saying that when you turn the stem toward the top of the watch, the hands are going counter clockwise (from 12 to 9 instead of from 12-3)? Does your stem only turn toward the top of the watch, only toward the bottom of the watch or both ways but your watch hands only go backwards no matter which way you turn the stem?