Valued Contributor

Has anyone had trouble buying from Rue La La. I tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago and they messed up my whole order. I am not even getting one of the necklaces I ordered, because they said they canceled it for me!! Now it is not available. (I just today got one order. That took about 2 weeks to get.) When I tried to order the same necklace in another color, after they canceled my first necklace for no reason, they said they don't have an item number unless you tell them it or have it on your account orders. They can't even find an item number, even though they know it is Honora. I have never seen such bad service!!! Not a happy camper. They put me on waitlist for the one they canceled by mistake, but I doubt I will ever see that necklace. I have been on waitlist before with them, and have never heard a response back from them. QVC always lets you know if they can't get their waitlist items in or are extending your waitlist time.

Super Contributor

mia 2, the service at Rue took a big downturn in the past 1-2 years. I'd been purchasing for a few years before that, with stellar service. But it started declining probably about 2 years ago, and over the last year has really taken a nose dive. I'm not sure what they changed behind the scenes, but it's been very frustrating. They just don't seem to have it together at all.

Trying to find the item number is about impossible. The only place I've ever seen it is on the bags when you get the items in. I've never seen it on the website or in my order history.

I used to have some luck with "still want it" orders, but not so much the last 2 years. Between the inventory problems and slow shipping, there isn't time for returns to come back before the "still want it" expires.

Valued Contributor

jets_mom ~ Thanks for your info. I thought it was just my order, but now I see it isn't just me. It's a shame because they do sell some good items from time to time. I don't think I'll ever see that necklace, but if they do get it to me I will post, to give them credit for correcting their mistake. (How can they not have item numbers???) I won't be ordering from them again, if they don't get me the necklace!!

Honored Contributor
I've ordered quite a bit from Rue and haven't had a problem with them. Oh, I did have one...they forgot to ship a strap for my Phillip Stein watch until I prodded them. My problems have been with HauteLook. Most of what I've ordered has been broken due to poor packaging.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've ordered a few times from Rue without any problem. I did order a Honora necklace about a week ago that has not yet shipped, but it was clear when I purchased it that the estimated delivery date was by August 27th, so I knew it wouldn't ship out as fast as QVC or other shopping channels. As to waitlist, I don't think places like Rue or Haute Look operate the same way shopping channels do so I wouldn't expect the same type of communication.

Super Contributor

I've been buying from Rue for 4-5 years now. I never had any issues until about 2 years ago. Then it started with items ordered being canceled by Rue, because they didn't have stock. Then it was the "still want it" item saga; for a year, every time an Honora boutique was on, they'd have this bracelet in a color I desperately wanted. I ordered it the first time, but my order was canceled due to no stock. When I called about it, they put in a "still want it" for me. It didn't come in. Next boutique the bracelet was back, and the color was available to order. I ordered again, and once again there was no stock, and a "still want it" order went in. This went on for a whole year. They kept advertising the color, but never had it. I never did get it.

Since then I've had several other items canceled due to no stock, a couple items I returned I had to finally contact them about the refund, when they never issued it, and then there's been several times a boutique was scheduled, then never appeared on the site. Not to mention how things used to ship the same day, and now it can take 2-3 weeks before they're shipped. I think they're having the vendors do a lot more drop shipping than in earlier days.

But, I love their prices and have been able to get things I missed out on earlier, so I'll deal with it and hope things improve again.

Trusted Contributor

I've only ordered from them for the past year or so. True, their shipping is really slow, but I've also gotten some great deals on the things I bought. Never had a problem, but I don't order that much from them.

I read somewhere that they were having trouble getting enough new stock and that it was hurting business. That may account for what the OP is experiencing. I've never been able to order successfully from Haute due to technical problems, so I just stopped trying.