Super Contributor

Can anyone help with an answer?

Can anyone tell me if it has been explained on the presentations of several items why they are making the bracelets of 14k rose gold and then plating them with yellow rhodium? If they want a yellow bracelet why don't they just make it 14k yellow gold? Here are a couple of item numbers where they used this process: J295522 OTO interlocking status link bracelet and J318411 sleeping beauty turquoise bangle. Appreciate any info.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can anyone help with an answer?

That is odd to say the least. I don't think rhodium comes in colors besides silver, although maybe they made a formula to do it. No idea why they would use rose-gold as the base, makes no sense to me either.

Super Contributor

Thanks Desi. It's still a mystery. I would think they would explain that on a presentation???

Respected Contributor

Kiwi, I agree with you, an explanation would have been nice. If you find out, please let us know what the deal is.

Honored Contributor

I was disappointed with this too. One of those really appealed to me but not in yg. I was really wanting a rose gold bracelet yesterday.

Super Contributor

Doesn't look like we will ever know their thinking. Seems like they talk about everything but what the bracelet is made of? Maybe the hosts didn't read their card and just thought it was yellow gold? CalmInTheHeart, I agree with you. Prefer rose gold to yellow.