Regular Contributor

Is it me or has Affinity diamonds lost some of their punch? I'm not all that excited about them anymore. Plus they are a lot more expensive in their styles now, even with easy pay. The last piece I bought was the feather sterling Affinity necklace. Although it's quite beautiful in it's carving, the diamonds are so small and really blend in with the shine of the sterling, you'll really have to look at it closely to try and see some diamonds. I think their products are not what they used to be, and I also miss Michael when he was on in the earlier days. They had a lot nicer things I feel, and a bit more affordable as well.

Contributor

I miss seeing Michael !

Super Contributor

in my opinion, when Michael O'Connor was no longer the spokesperson for Affinity Diamonds, it seems like the entire line went down hill and down hill FAST! I for one no longer watch any of the shows and have zero interest in purchasing anything from this line anymore. While Peyton Kelley may be very knowledgable about gems etc, I find him ultra boring. His personality is almost non existent and doesn't really add any flare to the Affinity shows. I think it's only a matter of time before the Affinity line on QVC will become a thing of the past.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the first piece ever offered & still wear it almost daily. It's a delicate flower pendent with about 12 small diamonds in 14k gold. It was around $80. The only other piece of Affinity I own is a sterling sandal with a diamond accent. Very happy with both pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

I was an early fan of the Affinity line after its debut, but haven't been tempted lately.

Respected Contributor
Affinity just hasn't been the same since Michael left. His leaving was another mysterious example of people disappearing similar to Dave James. It sounded at the time that QVC parted ways with Michael not the other way around. I suspect money had something to do with it.
Super Contributor
On 8/15/2014 MissouriMom said:

I miss seeing Michael !

I came her to post these exact sentiments. Maybe he is part of the ""sparkle"" that Affinity now seems to be missing !!

Super Contributor

Glad to know that Michael O'Connor will be on HSN for Gem Week during October 20th-24th, now that his contract is over with QVC. It will be fun to watch him again in the evenings.

Valued Contributor

I guess I have to respectfully disagree with the opinions of these posts. I bought Affinity diamonds when they first came out, but after a few years the quality was terrible (grey and cloudy) so I stopped buying them. I decided to try them again not too long ago and have been extremely happy with the results. Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. (and easy pay helps!) I don't know if Michael O'Conner's leaving has anything to do with it, but I know QVC has a new supplier. (I can tell by the where they are sent from.) The diamonds I am getting now are clear, bright and sparkly. J288958, J287971, J317538, J269144, J295762 are just some of the really nice rings. Don't let the pictures fool you, they are beautiful in person - check out the videos.

Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 straitgirl said:

I purchased the first piece ever offered & still wear it almost daily. It's a delicate flower pendent with about 12 small diamonds in 14k gold. It was around $80. The only other piece of Affinity I own is a sterling sandal with a diamond accent. Very happy with both pieces.

(bolded by me) That sounds similar to the little flower design diamond earrings, in 14k, that I got from QVC just before they started calling their diamond line 'Affinity'. They are extremely nice little earrings and I still enjoy them, all these years later.

Shortly after I got them, they became a part of the Affinity line. I don't know if they still have them as it's been quite a few years.