Honored Contributor

I posted earlier and it just disappeared. Anyway, I have a lot of Technibond jewelry that looks exactly like the gold that is being sold today.

My guess is the same manufacturer that made my replica in Technibond is the same manufacturer of the gold jewelry today.

Of course gold is always better than anything that isn't gold. However, my Technibond would come very, very close to that gold.

It looks exactly like the TSV, the love knot and etc. It cost hundreds of dollars less.

Who heard the grandmom just say she hangs that coin on her Technibond to Mary Beth. Mary Beth was gracious and said, "We don't sell that. That's another show".

That is funny.

Super Contributor
Honored Contributor

ITA, I wear all my Technibond quite proudly, it is beautiful!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/15/2014 annabellethecat said:

I posted earlier and it just disappeared. Anyway, I have a lot of Technibond jewelry that looks exactly like the gold that is being sold today.

My guess is the same manufacturer that made my replica in Technibond is the same manufacturer of the gold jewelry today.

Of course gold is always better than anything that isn't gold. However, my Technibond would come very, very close to that gold.

It looks exactly like the TSV, the love knot and etc. It cost hundreds of dollars less.

Who heard the grandmom just say she hangs that coin on her Technibond to Mary Beth. Mary Beth was gracious and said, "We don't sell that. That's another show".

That is funny.

I agree annabelle! I have technibond that I've had for years and it still looks great! I can't say the same for the Veronese, most of my pieces look awful, tempted to throw them away!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Contributor

I have platinum plated technibond and it is beautiful and has worn very well. Speaking of the lady who told MaryBeth she had a Technibond coin the hang on something...once I heard a lady say she really liked their ""Absolute"" (HSN's diamond simulant). The host just let it slide...I got a giggle out of it.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have any Technibond anymore because it all got stolen when my house was burglarized last year. Bet they weren't too happy when they went to sell it!

I had a bracelet with a fleur de lis charm that I so loved. Sigh...

ETA: And a beautiful pair of tassle earrings. Makes me so darn mad every time I remember it!

Trusted Contributor

Love Technibond. I have some really nice pieces that look just like my real gold, the color is phenomenal. I have the starry night earrings and ring and wish they would come out with a matching pendant to make it a set. I also have the complete byzantine set and get so many compliments on it whenever I wear it. All my Technibond has really held up beautifully I have been collecting it for many years, I look forward to the shows because there is always something great to purchase.

Respected Contributor

Technibond jewelry is made my several different manufacturers. The quality of the gold plating varies. I have some items that are lovely, after many years. But I also have many where the plating has worn off, especially on the prongs of bracelets, and the items are no longer wearable. Also, I've found the silver can tarnish under the plating on some items. Lifetime warranty is no longer available.