Honored Contributor

I Have Many Of The Same Pieces Of Jewelry QVC Is Selling Today..

except it isn't in gold, it's in Technibond! I haven't been watching much QVC since last night because I'm not interested in buying gold jewelry much anymore.

Just because my lifestyle is different now than it used to be. Not long after my husband died I bought a lot of gold jewelry. It was cheaper then and I wore gold more often.

Now I mainly go to dinner with friends, the Drs and a few other places. I haven't worked in over 40 years so I don't have a need to go out to wear it.

My late husband was wonderful about buying me jewelry. I didn't watch QVC or HSN back then, so I dragged him to the jewelry store for everything.

I have already made a will on which of my 8 (so far) grandchildren will get which pieces. I've given my special pieces their Dad picked out for me to each of my three daughters.

I still have a lot of gold jewelry that I wear but I don't care for just plain gold, I like gemstones in it.

Here's my reason for my post. I know there are a lot of gold purists out there. I used to be like that and I totally understand. The look of real gold is amazing.

However, I've been sitting here and I see where several of the all good bracelets, earrings, rings are totally, I mean totally similar to some I've bought in the past 4 years from HSN called Technibond.

That bracelet that is love knots, the bysentine ring, etc. I have that exact same thing in Technibond.

The TSV bracelet, I have something in Technibond that looks almost exactly (as intricate) as the one that's in gold.

None of my jewelry that is technibond has discolored or looks any different. I can't usually tell the difference between it and the real gold. (My eyesight isn't great, my grandchildren might know the diffence).

I'm not saying Technibond is as good as real gold, no way. I'm saying the same people who made my Technibond is the same people who made the gold jewelry QVC is showing.

I couldn't believe it so I got the stuff out of my jewelry box and held it up to the TV. The same!

My stuff was well under $100. I'm just saying that you guys who can't afford real gold, go over and look at the Technibond. I am amazed at how similar it is. I am now looking at the clasp on the bracelet.

That clasp is exactly like the one I have from Technibond.

Again, it isn't gold, but it is pretty close. A real gold person is only happy with real gold, but if your lifestyle is similar to mine, well anyway.

Don't buy jewelry thinking of it as an investment. The value of gold, diamonds, etc, fluctuates. If you want an investment, invest your money.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Have Many Of The Same Pieces Of Jewelry QVC Is Selling Today..

I just heard the lady on the air (she was older) say that she hangs her coin like Mary Beth was showing on her Technibond)

That was funny because Mary Beth said that is on another show, we don't sell that here. She was sweet as she always is kind.

The lady was confused but she apologized.

I think things like that are funny and Mary Beth is so professional and kind when people get confused.

Super Contributor

Nice and thoughtful posts, Annabelle.

Honored Contributor

I agree about Technibond. I'm not that much into jewelry and for my money it looks exactly like gold. I have several pieces and they still look great.

Honored Contributor

I think many people have started collecting silver and are no longer interested in gold. I haven't even watched today I'm so disinterested.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I am not interested in silver at all! I want 14kt gold, I just haven't' seen anything I was the slightest bit attracted too today. I think the gold rush day has been about QVC cleaning out the gold jewelry stash and getting rid of what hasn't sold in the past two years.

As to the OP point I have several Technibond pieces and it does look close to 14kt, just a little more brass to it. It holds up well but will tarnish.

My lifestyle has also changed with age and if I don't wear my gold items at least once in 6mos I take it, put it in a jewelry box and when I get several items in that box, I go sell it. I sold three chains, two rings and a pair of earrings for $365.00 last week. I usually use the money to buy a new piece of jewelry that I have my eye on.

Respected Contributor

I recently moved and gave away a TON of fashion jewelry that I just don't wear. I kept a bit and my fine jewelry but, am really not interested in any more gold or other fine jewelry.

Except for 2 pieces, I sold all my late mother's fine jewelry.

My move helped me really clear out a lot of EVERYTHING I don't want or need anymore.

Such a great decision!

Honored Contributor

To me it's "kind of gold". That for it being 14K and hollow manufacturing (hate those words!) Those words are on everything on QVC today. Plus 14K white and rose are still the Pitts. 14K yellow has improved some in appearance to be closer in looks to 18K, but the white (the ones on QVC to start) seem pale and resembles a sick silver. So they're offering 14K hollow bracelets from here to eternity in either yellow or sick white or putrid rose.

Respected Contributor

Is Technibond hypoallergenic? My ears are sensitive to nickel.

Nice post, Annabelle.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/15/2014 kachina624 said: I think many people have started collecting silver and are no longer interested in gold. I haven't even watched today I'm so disinterested.
How right you are. I was never a gold girl at all. I hardly even watched today. I much prefer silver to gold. Best silver I give the award to Michael V.