Trusted Contributor

NOTE TO Q - VENTING - THE GOLDRUSH WAS ON AUGUST 16TH

I am venting that the Q would choose to do the Klondike show on a weekday especially when the gold rush actually took place on August 16th - which would have been on a weekend day when those of us who work and want to watch - would be able to. I am tired of Dyson, bedding, computers, etc. on the weekend. I would much prefer to watch gold for a change.

Honored Contributor

Re: NOTE TO Q - VENTING - THE GOLDRUSH WAS ON AUGUST 16TH

The weekends obviously get the high dollar, possibly requires a family consultation items.

Respected Contributor

Completely agree with you.
Trusted Contributor

What the OP said...

Super Contributor

QVC has traditionally had the Klondike rush on August 17, btw.

Honored Contributor

I am tired of Dyson, bedding, computers, etc. on the weekend. I would much prefer to watch gold for a change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy have you got THAT right. You can place bets that the weekend will be filled with those things (don't forget Bose) and I generally don't watch on the weekends anymore. Awful programming and honestly, is there anyone left who is buying those things??

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you're not around, then just record the show. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Valued Contributor

This isn't the first time the Q has moved a long-standing date for a particular special day from a weekend to a weekday and I could not agree with you more. Yes, we can tape, but not the same, especially for those items that are specially priced for one hour, etc. Shame on you Q, once again, for moving a jewelry event from a weekend probably to free up the weekend for vacuums, computers, etc. Oh, believe Saturday is actually an all-day beauty day, but even that will most likely be expensive skin care products and not neat color cosmetics, etc. Soooooo sick of weekend programming, as so many of us have vented before.

Honored Contributor

It simply isn't feasible nor should it be necessary to record an entire day. Not to mention the fact that assuming there's anything of actual interest, will it still be there hours later? They choose to program as they do and it really speaks loudly and clearly of their consideration for their working customers... This weekend will see yet another all day beauty-fest on Saturday and yet another Vitamix marathon on Sunday. I might well have hunkered down to watch the Gold Rush, but I can guarantee the Q's mad programmer that I won't be watching the usual stale weekend fare... Make note, however, that for those of us unable to watch on Friday, they are featuring a couple of hours of Gold Rush redux on Sunday, you know, between the blenders, computers and polyester 'fashion'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Just wait: the holiday shows will be a blur for about a month or so, and then when it gets to late November/early December, they'll have nothing good. The warehouse cleaning will start and it will be three weeks of filler until December 26.