Valued Contributor

Opinions please on Gold Clad jewelry?

I have not yet purchased any of Judith's yellow gold clad items...but 2 or 3 clearance items have caught my eye...

for those of you that own and wear Judith's gold clad items...do you love them and wear them often? Pleased with the color and quality? Do you think they look like gold, or brassy or fake?

I have never seen any of Judith's clad items in person, so thanks for any descriptions/reviews you can give!Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Opinions please on Gold Clad jewelry?

barb, I have a couple of rings in her yellow clad. I also have about 4 rings and 2 watches & a bracelet in her rose clad. I'm in love with her rose clad....so beautiful. One of the rings I have in her yellow clad has an opal in the middle with a citrine cabochon on each side. Its a beauty. I think the quality is good. I've had no issues with flaking or anything like that.

Hopefully someone else will also post on this for you.

Valued Contributor

Pepper22...thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it! Great reviews on your items! Nice to hear you are enjoying your clad jewelry! I bet the rose clad is so pretty! Thanks again! Take care!Smile

Valued Contributor

Only have two pieces from Judith in her rosegold clad and they are awesome! No problems....color is gorgeous! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi Barb, I only have a few pieces.

I have the Chronograph watch in gold tone:

The 36" clad and DMQ chain:

The initial enhancer that I wear on the chain:

Judith Ripka Sterling/14K Yellow Gold Clad Initial Enhancer

I also have some pieces that are silver and clad:

Judith Ripka Sterling 14K Clad Princess Cut Diamonique Earrings

Judith Ripka Sterling & 14K Clad Diamonique Heart Ring

Judith Ripka Sterling & 14K Clad Pave Diamonique Heart Enhancer

I am pleased with all the items I have.

It's hard to tell from the Q's pictures what the shade of gold really is, since the pictures vary as well as each person's computer monitor varying also.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

motherinlaw...thanks for taking the time to reply!

newjerseygirl...very pretty items! Thanks for all the pics and info! I appreciate your response!

Respected Contributor

I have a small but growing Gold Clad collection and it looks like the real deal---my favorites are the Gold Clad "Ice Cube" Tennis Bracelet, the Regent Watch, 2 ct studs and the Dew Drop Necklace. I'm buying pieces at a slower pace than I did with my Silver collection. I could use an enhancer or two and a couple more rings.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

From a different perspective: I usually buy only 14K or 18K gold -- I never wear gold clad, and I rarely wear silver. And I especially never ever wear fake gemstones. However, I have bought a few Judith Ripka pieces because they are so beautiful. So I'm now wearing a bit of silver, gold clad and Diamonique. These pieces are gorgeous. I hesitated to buy them because I feared I wouldn't wear them, but I do. And I will confess this: I have a Judith Ripka 18K mother-of-pearl Maltese cross pendant purchased from another source and also the gold clad mother-of-pearl Maltese cross pendant shown on QVC. I have to admit, the QVC piece is prettier, including a nicer finish on the back. In terms of your specific questions, though, I'm not much help. I am not critical about whether a piece really looks like gold, but perhaps that is because they DO look like gold.

Regular Contributor

I have loved all of my gold clad pieces and have had NO problems whatsoever with them!

Super Contributor

Hi Barb!

I only have some of Judith's yellow gold clad pieces, and they have held up really well....including rings and cuffs!