Respected Contributor

Alex & Ani Bangle - Beaded Bangle Issue

I purchased both sets of bangles. However, the gold toned beaded bangle has some sediment on all the beads after wearing it only for 4 days. I tried to wash the bangle per A & A instructions but it doesn't work. I am wondering if it is something from my skin or a defect. I tried to call customer service at A&A but they just have morning hours today and they don't have the voice mail set up to accept messages even though they state they do.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I only have worn the silver toned bangle once and have not had this problem.

Also...I could have sworn I posted this and for some reason this post was deleted.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Alex & Ani Bangle - Beaded Bangle Issue

Contact them on facebook. They answer questions really quickly.

Honored Contributor

doglvr

I think if you persist in calling them, they will replace it. A couple of my beads on the gold set are a little cloudy. I bought my gold set separately, I bought the fleur d lis and blue beaded wrap on Amazon, and the hummingbird on eBay.

I did get my silver set from QVC, and actually love it more than the gold. Let us know what Alex and Ani say about the bracelet.

Regular Contributor

I do!...I do!..With the naked eye, the (glass) beads look like neon apatite. However, when you use a loupe, it is easy to see areas that look like greyish residue. It appears that this is IN the glass and not on the exterior..I don't know what it is. It's hard to notice it w/o a loupe. Still love the bracelets.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it was there when I first wore the bracelet. I'll let you know what happens.

Someone posted that QVC is selling similar bangles. J317391 J317392

Super Contributor

Who are these A&A people and why is this jewelry suddenly a BIG DEAL? What is the appeal?

Respected Contributor

The name is Alex & Ani and it is the owner and designer's names of her first two daughters. These bangles have been popular for many years. QVC had sold these bangles in 2012 and A & A made a set of 3 bangles in both finishes.

I noticed many of my friends wearing these bangles as well as noticed other people wore them.

I just recently purchased these two sets and the breast cancer bangle because I am a breast cancer survivor with the BRCA1 gene. I'm going to have a busy few months coming up and I purchased these just to lift my spirits.

Super Contributor

Op , hope you get their attention & fix this issue. I bought a tiny beaded bangle from their website called " Shimmering Sands " in gold metal . The beads are stunning & look like golden flecks of sand in the sun. They didn't have the problem your beads have . I paired it with a gold bangle with a conch shell . They're great together as a duo . Best of luck with your jewelry !
Trusted Contributor

On 8/8/2014 ennui_too said:

Who are these A&A people and why is this jewelry suddenly a BIG DEAL? What is the appeal?

Trusted Contributor

On 8/8/2014 ennui_too said:

. I say the same thing! At least qvc sells similar item in silver not base metal. Ben my local jeweler who sells them Doesn't get it. P.s. I do live in Rhode island the Alex & ani home base.