Respected Contributor

? Gems En Vogue & sensitive ears?

I heard on a recent broadcast that Michael mentioned his silver alloy used in pierced ears is ok and no sensitivity issues. I can wear his rings, but have never tried earrings. I have used gold forever in my ears because my reaction to anything else was itchy, swollen ear lobes......................... If you can wear his and have metal sensitive issues, please post up. I really want to get some of his earrings if a get a pendant or 2. Thank you!
Super Contributor

Re: ? Gems En Vogue & sensitive ears?

Are you allergic to nickel?

Occasional Contributor

My ears are VERY sensitive. Before I tried the Gems en Vogue brand, all I could wear was white gold (14k or 18k) and platinum. I own at least 6 pairs of Gems en Vogue earrings and they don't bother my ears at all; and that's from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. And I have been wearing them for well over a year. Good luck, if they work, you can rediscover cool earrings!

Respected Contributor

Not sure what I'm exactly allergic to. Fat Belly, I'm heading over to ShopHQ to order me something spectacular! Big hugs!
Super Contributor

I don't think you should have a problem with his earrings. Go for it (make sure to get things on sale however!). You can always return them if they don't work... BTW - Michael will be on again on Thursday, August 7th - maybe you can find a deal (or two) then!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

It's costume jewelry, so if you have sensitive ears it will likely be problematic. I cannot put anything that is any kind of plated metal or silver or mystery metal in my ears without problems. I am not really all that sensitive, in general, skin-wise. But only gold or platinum works for me.

Respected Contributor

Mustangshar, I don't have anything from Gems En Vogue, but I have very sensitive skin and ears. Many years ago, I had to have my diamond studs set in a different gold setting because the original one, also gold (white) caused my ears to ooze. I recently took a chance on a pair of Carolyn Pollack earring, and have worn them several times without a problem. (Also, tried a pair of Hagit Gorali's, which were okay, but I sent them back because the stones were bad.) Good luck with your purchases!

Super Contributor

On 8/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

It's costume jewelry, so if you have sensitive ears it will likely be problematic. I cannot put anything that is any kind of plated metal or silver or mystery metal in my ears without problems. I am not really all that sensitive, in general, skin-wise. But only gold or platinum works for me.

You consider a mixture of silver and palladium to be costume jewelry?

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius