Regular Contributor

I have had to return a couple rings to JTV, due to noticeable cloudy diamond stones. And explained they were dull and cloudy, and they still took out for the return shipping, saying that there wasn't anything wrong with them. I guess the customer can't tell if something looks bad or not. And when I called them about it, they gave me nasty attitude,( even though I was very polite about the whole thing) and said that is what their customer team says. Never mind you could see with out a loop, that they were off with the naked eye. Has this happened with anyone with JTV? It was a 299.00 ring as well, not the more inexpensive ones where you get what you pay for. Not that this one was so pricey but I expected a bit better for the money. I would of loved to have kept the rings, I hate to return stuff, but I couldn't justify never wearing this and wasting the money, so it had to go back.

Super Contributor

Were the rings 14k? I've noticed that often a high price is for the gold, and not necessarily for the gemstones.

Honored Contributor

It sounds reasonable to me, the rings were not defective; you just didn't like them once they arrived. So, they gave you a refund. I don't think they were required to reimburse you for sending the rings back. There rings that, you just didn't like. I buy a lot of things from them and I have returned several things over the years because they weren't quite what I expected. I didn't expect them to reimburse shipping, so it wasn't an issue.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed nothing but cloudy diamonds when they are used as accent stones. Those are the ones I could actually see with a loupe, some are the size of grains of sand. This goes for any line, even items I've bought locally. As far as I'm concerned, I wish they would use CZ's, no quality issue.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, posh, but I don't believe they were wrong to charge for return shipping. Had the rings been defective--cracked stones, bent prongs or something like that--then they should bear the cost of the return.

I'm not a big diamond fan nor am I much of an expert, but their diamonds generally look pretty crummy even to me. I've gotten some great gemstone jewelry from them over the years, but I wouldn't buy diamonds from them. I can attest to what dep says, their accent diamonds are nothing to write home about and I often wish they would just leave those off. That has been true of accent diamonds on lots of jewelry I've bought from various sources. I'd rather have a bigger gemstone and dispense with the cheesy diamonds.

Super Contributor

Totally agree - much better for all the shopping channels to use white topaz, zircon or even diamonique instead of those lousy low end "diamonds" - it's just an accent anyway - white topaz and zircon really look well! --and yes - they shouldn't have to reimburse you for the reason you gave -

Trusted Contributor

I bought their posh pink diamond ring a few years ago and the diamonds were clean, or eye clean, and very pretty. I don't care for plain or white diamonds so I've never tried those from JTV.

I think they were fair by not refunding the shipping since it wasn't a defect so to speak.

Valued Contributor

Sorry, but I have to go with JTV on this. When they show the item on TV you can actually see the inclusions and carbon spots and in some cases the prong work is bigger than the stone it is supposed to hold. You can clearly see what you are getting.

And the price you paid should have tipped you off.

Regular Contributor

I was shocked JTV takes out the cost of shipping even if an item is defective. I ordered a pair of pearl earrings and there was a hole, I am not kidding, in one of the earrings. An outline of a hole in the other and many dimples and imperfections 5+ on one earring alone. I was told by customer service they do not refund shipping even if an item is defective. Needless to say I will not be ordering from JTV again. It's the principle (in my opinion)...

Honored Contributor
On 7/30/2014 marytoodles said:

I was shocked JTV takes out the cost of shipping even if an item is defective. I ordered a pair of pearl earrings and there was a hole, I am not kidding, in one of the earrings. An outline of a hole in the other and many dimples and imperfections 5+ on one earring alone. I was told by customer service they do not refund shipping even if an item is defective. Needless to say I will not be ordering from JTV again. It's the principle (in my opinion)...

This is nuts. I would call back. I had an issue with them over a pair of earrings I ordered and CS couldn't have been nicer. They even sent the item overnight to me at their cost.

If they refuse to budge, I wouldn't shop there anymore either. I know that s/h isn't going to make you or break you but as you said, it's the principle of the matter. That's bad business practice.