Honored Contributor

DO YOU OWN ANY ROMAN GLASS PIECES?

Danny and Hagit were on earlier and there were pieces of jewelry made from Roman Glass.

Does anyone have some, and could they tell what they are like? I've heard that they are rather delicate and you can't wash your hands with the jewelry on .... any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU OWN ANY ROMAN GLASS PIECES?

I have two pieces, a large pendant and earrings. I really like all types of glass items and loved them when I saw them. I don't wear them as often as I would like but I keep them wrapped so the glass doesn't get damaged. I just bought a new blue summer shirt with the pendant in mind but it didn't look good when I tried it.
Esteemed Contributor

I have one ring in the roman glass. I like the the ring, but I don't really wear it a lot. You're not supposed to get it wet, but I do store it in a no tarnish jewelry box. Have to say even though it's a pretty ring, it's not a piece of jewelry I would purchase twice. One ring is enough for me.
Respected Contributor

I do not own any glass jewelry, Roman, Murano or any other. I love interesting glass but in a form of vases, stemware etc. Just my opinion.
Respected Contributor

I had a ring and loved it. It was chipped when I received it, and it was very fragile. Pieces kept chipping off. It was snagging my clothes, and more and more pieces were chipping off. I was sad to return it, but I did so after a few days.
Respected Contributor

I had a ring and loved it. It was very fragile, and pieces kept chipping off. It was snagging my clothes, and more and more pieces were chipping off. I was sad to return it, but I did so after a few days.
Honored Contributor

I have a Roman glass pendant, so I don't need to worry about washing my hands. Mine isn't from QVC, so I can't comment on the QVC pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I have a pendant and bracelet in the nonpatina Roman glass. The kind that's clear pale green. Looks like beach glass. I don't know if qvc sells that kind anymore, but it's not fragile like the glass with the patina.
Honored Contributor

I liked it for the history, so bought a ring, but was not pleased with the color. It's pretty, but it was pictured in a deeper shade of green... Can't comment on its sturdiness as I rarely wear it. I'm always drawn to these pieces, and some of them are very appealing, but so far, I've not purchased any more. Maybe one day I will.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have worn my Roman glass pendants and earrings with no signs of wear.