Respected Contributor

Hey Ladies ~ I am loving the look of the new Or Paz Garden Watch. Did anyone happen to see it on air? If so, what did you think? There is no video to watch. From the program guide it looks like it was only shown at 4 am. DRATS

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I just saw it on the hosts wrist for a few seconds. I thought it was sterling, but it is stainless steel? I think that is a deal breaker for me. Sigh

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

It was just shown on air. Yes, it's stainless. Seemed pricey for stainless, to me. But a very pretty watch with a cute little charm attached. Even the buckle was pretty.

Super Contributor
They just showed the watch!!! Pretty for ladies with small wrists I would think. Even the buckle has the flower design.
Super Contributor

I hate to say this, but it is a take off on Carolyn Pollack's turquoise watch. Same small face with Sterling (or stainless) around it. I like Carolyn's much better. It is Sterling and has a stainless back, but it seems much prettier. Of course, taste is in the eye of the beholder.

Super Contributor
On 7/28/2014 gem lover said:

I hate to say this, but it is a take off on Carolyn Pollack's turquoise watch. Same small face with Sterling (or stainless) around it. I like Carolyn's much better. It is Sterling and has a stainless back, but it seems much prettier. Of course, taste is in the eye of the beholder.

Hi Gem I had the identical thought when I saw this piece approx. one hour or less ago. And again designed for someone with a small, dainty wrist. I do not fall into that category. Carolyn's with the sleeping beauty stones, the beautiful silver design and the black watch band was a great combo. Yes the watches are somewhat similar.
Respected Contributor

I didn't know about Carolyn's watch. How did I miss that one? Going to look now. Thank you!

Super Contributor

The video is up now on this watch, and I got the black one. While it is somewhat like Carolyln's watch, IMO it is more refined and not so southwestern. A lot of sterling designers are doing the ornate face watches, even Bixby. For some reason, I just loved the look of it. Of course, I have until mid-October to think about it!

Honored Contributor

It appears to be somewhat larger than the CP watch. It's 1 1/2" in diameter which would put it at 37-38mm which is a good size watch. I like big watches but don't usually go over 40mm, so this is within acceptable range for me. I don't particularly like the watch but it's not due to the size. It looks like it would snag on things.

The CP watch appears to no longer be in the system. Here's a picture of it. The dial is very small, about 3/4" in diameter. It's a watch for the petite wearer.

photo imagejpg1-11.jpg
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I looked for the CP watch too, and ended up on a site that showed "retired" CP pieces. I really like it. Maybe she will bring it back at some time. I'm still trying to make up my mind on ordering the Or Paz one. And then what color? I think the only thing holding me back is that I really like the way sterling oxidizes in all the crevasses of intricate designs, and how sterling just glows when a polishing cloth is used. I know I will never get that look with stainless steel. Decisions..Decisions.