Not applicable
I love the gold plated turquoise face ecclissi watch. I'm wondering how the goldplating will hold up over time. Has anyone bought this watch, or another gold plated ecclissi?
Respected Contributor

Re: Gold plated ecclissi watch

I don't know that anyone has experience with Ecclissi gold plating. I think this is the first time they have done that. In any event, when they presented the watch Robert said it had 1 micron (which is 40 mils) of gold plating.

I have a lot of experience with plated watches, so here is my take on it..... 1 micron is ok. Fashion watches are typically much lower, usually flash plated and the gold wears off very quickly.

Better watches have 3 to 5 microns of gold plating. (Although some manufacturers use a totally different process, so it's hard to compare #s).

My take, the Ecclissi should hold up reasonably well over time.... but I wouldn't consider this an every day wear watch.

I would also be mindful of the fact that sterling silver watches can tarnish over time, even if they are plated. And you can't remove the tarnish on a plated watch.