Contributor
What is with these Gem Day prices? I know prices on gold and silver have gone up, but come on! Some of these pieces set in silver are over $300 and $400 or more! Who is buying today? I bet not many, and if so I bet we won't be seeing many more Gem Days.
Super Contributor

A thousand people ordered those OTO turquoise earrings. They seem kind of pricey to me, but what do I know.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. Plus Most of the pieces are composed of tiny bits of gems rather than a solitaire. The price for "pieces" is way below the carat weight of a single stone, yet they are portraying them as " wow, almost 2 carats for this price." Plus doesn't it sound reasonable that if the stones were that great they wouldn't be putting them in Sterling or clad settings. People, buy them if you like them, but you aren't getting any bargains. You could buy much, much more quality at a Costco or Sams Club.

Honored Contributor

This seems to be how they're rolling these days with gemstones... It appears they intend to offer the good stuff at high prices or the really junky stuff that's quite inexpensive, but that middle range seems to be pretty much MIA, as does Easy Pay... I like that they're offering 'the good stuff' but I too wonder if it will spell the complete end of gemstones on QVC, as I can't imagine them selling a ton of this stuff... They've already cut back on gem shows so much, I'd hate to see them cut back even further. So far, I haven't caved for anything and I don't see it happening. There have been some pretty pieces but there have also been some very steep prices to go with them!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I watched that Thai Ruby show...OH MAN!!!!!!!

Maybe I went a little overboard, thanks to EZ pay...

Very beautiful stones! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

I couldn't believe the prices either. As for those turquoise one-time earrings, I have about a dozen pairs of turquoise earrings, many of which came from QVC, that I consider much more attractive than that pair. No way did I ever pay that kind of a price for them.

Frequent Contributor

I turned it on and saw some black spiniel (?) pave piece and immediately changed the channel. I used to buy almost all my fine jewelry exclusively from the Q. Now, I couldn't tell you when I last bought a piece..... Prices, quality and selection have all factored into my declining interest in the Q's jewelry.

Super Contributor

It cracks me up when they call something a gift (Robert Elizondo and the Morganite watch). If it's a gift, why do I need a credit card? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Some things were really nice. I couldn't pay $300-$400 for the silver. I would rather go twice as much for the gold. I am not really keen on gems set in silver. I did get some things, very nice pieces. I was going to get the TSV, but cancelled it and spent the money on some gems and diamonds. That ruby show was wonderful, got one piece there or maybe two...

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't expecting the prices to be "sale" prices and ignoring the lack of easy pays it didn't seem to matter if you were looking at gold, silver or clad. What really got me was how thin the ring bands were on the gold items for the price! If you wear your jewelry that sliver of gold is not going to center that ring on your finger and last for years. It is so expensive to have a band filled in on the back. So disappointing.