Honored Contributor

I'm looking at the watches from MK on Nordstrom's website. Some are on sale for the anniversary sale. I'm on the fence, I don't know if I want to spend $200 on a watch. Do you think these are worth the money or are you paying for the designer name?TIA

Frequent Contributor

They are very popular watches, especially with younger girls. They are very pretty also.

In my opinion they are a little over priced for what you are getting. My daughter got a white ceramic MK watch for Christmas and two crystals came out after wearing it only a couple of times.

My son gave his girlfriend a MK watch which was rose gold toned, and the she had problems with the latch and also issues with some color change.

Super Contributor

There are usually lots of MK watches at TJMaxx.

Esteemed Contributor
I have 6 MK watches and they are worth the money. You don't have to be a young girl to wear them either!! For ceramic watches, that's the only brand I'll buy. Well worth the money spent.
Occasional Contributor
I have the MK white ceramic watch with crystals that I purchased from Nordstrom's several years ago. Nobody does white ceramic like MK.....but the crystals are another story. I've sent the watch to the authorized repair shop four (4) times. All four times to replace a crystal. The first two times they replaced the crystals. The third time they replaced the the crystal bezel. The 4th time they replaced the entire case. The repair price has increased as well to either $60 or $80. Can't remember which. I still love the watch but know what is in store if you get one with crystals.
Super Contributor

I am a watch addict. I have quite a few very expensive watches as well as a lot of others. I have one MK watch that I bought for around the $200 price point and I definitely think it is worth it. I wear it often...comfortable, stylish, good quality...

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/16/2014 Klein said: I have the MK white ceramic watch with crystals that I purchased from Nordstrom's several years ago. Nobody does white ceramic like MK.....but the crystals are another story. I've sent the watch to the authorized repair shop four (4) times. All four times to replace a crystal. The first two times they replaced the crystals. The third time they replaced the the crystal bezel. The 4th time they replaced the entire case. The repair price has increased as well to either $60 or $80. Can't remember which. I still love the watch but know what is in store if you get one with crystals.
Wow, sounds like you had bad luck. My ceramic watches are just as old, and I've never lost a crystal. Those crystals has kept their sparkle after all these years. I guess I got lucky.
Respected Contributor

I LOVE watches and have quite a few of them. I bought a $275 MKs watch as a Xmas present for myself 2.5 years ago.

IT still looks fabulous, the tri color tone has NEVER faded - unlike Q watches that

completely do fade and I wear it a LOT! To work, to the gym, to the dog park, etc. It's a very handsome boyfriend style and I receive a lot of compliments. Worth every penny.

Buy it for your self and enjoy! I won't hesitate to buy another MK watch

Honored Contributor
On 7/16/2014 ennui1 said:

I'm surprised that TJMaxx would have MK watches. I do not consider myself a snob, I like a sale as much as anyone else, but I never find anything in TJMaxx or Marshalls. The ones I've been in have their merchandise thrown around and not presented well. I always walk in and walk out

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/16/2014 jordan2 said:
On 7/16/2014 ennui1 said:

I'm surprised that TJMaxx would have MK watches. I do not consider myself a snob, I like a sale as much as anyone else, but I never find anything in TJMaxx or Marshalls. The ones I've been in have their merchandise thrown around and not presented well. I always walk in and walk out

I have to agree with you. I can't stand that store. I've never seen anything designer at mine jewelry wise at all. The store where I am looks like a huge yard sale, nothing more, nothing less. I don't shop there either.