Regular Contributor

Anyone else have Comcast and JR was NOT recorded this weekend?

I thought it was my issue (was going to check my DVR again) but have had JR on auto record via Comcast for a couple of years...mentioned to another Ripkanista that I did not have any JR shows recorded this weekend and neither did she AND she also has Comcast....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else have Comcast and JR was NOT recorded this weekend?

I don't record the JR shows, but I did turn on QVC at one point over the weekend. My Comcast channel guide said one thing and a different show was on. (I think the channel guide said Isaac M and a Susan Graver hour was on). So maybe the JR shows were listed incorrectly in the channel guide/your DVR would not record a show that it did not list in the channel guide. This has happened to me before. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Cindy

Honored Contributor

Me, too! There was a different show listed -- not JR... I just happened to have the TV on; JR was on and not recording, so I had to manually record. It was "Hair Max" which is not something that I automatically record. Still have the show... did you want me to look something up for you?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

QVC changed the start time of the last show. It was supposed to be on an hour later. The rest were recorded, but not the last show.

Super Contributor

Sorry Comcast messed you up, Judy. Funny but I've thought for quite some time that there was some sort of "conspiracy" going on between Comcast and JR -- if ever our cable would "go out", it would be at the start of the first show of a JR weekend. It would return to normal as soon as her show was over. This happened frequently enough that even DH noticed and started to agree with me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} He thought maybe some Comcast employee didn't want his wife shopping!

Maybe you could go back through the "recently aired" listings and watch the new item videos as a partial appeasement?

Lola
Regular Contributor

Interesting...none of the shows turned up recorded on my DVR....did I get so annoyed with the Q that I took off the series recording? Guess there is a snafu in there somewhere...yes, I will catch the vids one way or another Lola, but I am also irritated at this pricing blackout...I got the "wardrobe" for the TSV price and am quite annoyed that it has been reduced below TSV price already. I know many Ripkanistas have been burned this way...it is not right. The Q is getting very little of my money these days. And that will continue with these high prices and pricing shennagains...I have enough beautiful vintage Ripka to keep me dripping in jewels for the rest of my days!!!

Super Contributor

On 7/15/2014 judyakm said:

Interesting...none of the shows turned up recorded on my DVR....did I get so annoyed with the Q that I took off the series recording? Guess there is a snafu in there somewhere...yes, I will catch the vids one way or another Lola, but I am also irritated at this pricing blackout...I got the "wardrobe" for the TSV price and am quite annoyed that it has been reduced below TSV price already. I know many Ripkanistas have been burned this way...it is not right. The Q is getting very little of my money these days. And that will continue with these high prices and pricing shennagains...I have enough beautiful vintage Ripka to keep me dripping in jewels for the rest of my days!!!

IKWYM, Judy, I too have noticed how quickly the inflated-priced items go on clearance. I've been waiting since February for some ridiculously high-priced earrings to go on clearance (and by that, I mean a true discount price). I can wait. I would wear them once a year, maybe, and I will wait it out. I thought this past visit, so many of the items were former-TSV's that are still not sold out.

Lola