Frequent Contributor

Evidently Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry will no longer

Evidently the Q will no longer have Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry shows. I have many of his pieces and absolutely love them. Early this morning I purchased the blue cabochon necklace at a clearance price and with free shipping and handling. Many items are being sold on clearance and "as is" and I so enjoyed watching Kenneth and the late Barry relate stories about the jewelry. Another vendor gone!
Honored Contributor

Re: Evidently Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry will no longer

I have several KJL pieces. They are timeless, imo.

I used to visit a KJL store on Michigan Avenue. It's too bad that he will no longer be on.

Trusted Contributor

My mom had some of his pieces in her collection and they were lovely. I consigned them and they sold very fast. I miss the days of the early Q when Barry was on and Nolan Miller too.

Honored Contributor

He's probably retired now and now that Barry has passed, it was time to end the line. He had a good long run with his QVC line and made a lot of money. All good things come to an end.

Respected Contributor

I believe that I read somewhere Kenneth is too ill to continue to contribute to QVC's inventory. And as chrystaltree said, now that Barry is gone the time has come to end the line. A shame that something so special has to end. His pieces were always great quality and wonderful unique designs. I'm glad I have a few of his creations that I love and enjoy wearing. Hope someone will enjoy them after I've also passed.

Regular Contributor

Very sad to see the Kenneth Jay Lane line go away....loved those shows and really miss Barry.....and I must say Alberti did a wonderful job presenting the Kenneth Jay Lane show this morning.....I also miss Nolan Miller, I cherish the pieces I have from both of their collections.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it is sad. I always enjoyed the shows and miss seeing Barry.

Respected Contributor

Everything must end sometime. You can still find KJL pieces in the secondary market & some of that's from the collections he did for Avon. I have a friend who got a nice necklace & earring set of his at a garage sale for a couple of dollars. I looked it up online & found that it was selling for a lot more on e-bay, so she got a pretty good deal.

Honored Contributor

I prefer he goes out of business rather than sell his name to the highest bidder and have cheap stuff made under his label.

Classy guys, both Kenneth and Barry!

Esteemed Contributor

Kenneth and Nolan created beautiful,costume jewelry that I enjoy wearing and receive many compliments on.