Super Contributor

I noticed a bunch of new As Is gold items ... I was reminded that the Klondike gold rush is coming up.

It's on August 15 -- QVC changed the date. Another "tradition" out the window. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} But it looks like it's 24 hours, again, so there's that.

Trusted Contributor

This is really getting annoying that they change the date so it doesn't fall on a weekend.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/12/2014 Vickie00 said:

This is really getting annoying that they change the date so it doesn't fall on a weekend.

WHAT????? You want them to fill a weekend day with beautiful gold when they can fill it with Bose...SleepNumber Beds....Computers...Dyson....and Vitamix...(more then a blender)....

Whats the matter with you....silly shopper.....lol.....

Honored Contributor

Interesting

so that must mean the weekends prove to be just for anything not jewelry? the 17th has always been Klondike its my Birthday that's how I remember. that stuff must be more profitable then

Esteemed Contributor

jack, if you look at the weekend line up....its always any or all of those items I listed...without fail.....so I guess there is a big demand for them...strange...as they are all big ticket items and they are on so often..one wouldn't think there was anyone left to purchase them....lol...

Honored Contributor

I'll tune into a bit of Klondike day whenever it is if I'm around the house, but I already know my money is more likely to go to Bose, skincare, a new mattress, maybe to a TV that doesn't weigh a ton, etc. so QVC's recent weekend programming is working for me.

That's coming from someone whose metal of choice is gold. It doesn't do QVC's business much good even if I do watch - I bet it's been at least a decade since I bought new gold jewelry, and now that it seems the price of gold isn't retreating much further, I don't see more on my order list any time soon.

Honored Contributor

They've already taken up the weekends with Christmas in July...that gets a Saturday/Sunday this month. Needless to say, I very rarely watch on weekends.

Super Contributor
On 7/12/2014 jackthebear said:

Interesting

so that must mean the weekends prove to be just for anything not jewelry?

Unless it's Queen Ripka. She still gets weekends.

Trusted Contributor

Well, the upside is that maybe there will be some new gold pieces! That would be nice!

Trusted Contributor
On 7/12/2014 circles said:

WHAT????? You want them to fill a weekend day with beautiful gold when they can fill it with Bose...SleepNumber Beds....Computers...Dyson....and Vitamix...(more then a blender)....

Whats the matter with you....silly shopper.....lol.....

I know circles, what was I thinking. Bad QVC customer for wanting to look at jewelry on a Saturday. How rude of me to put my needs and wants over others whose weekend would not be complete without that Dyson, Vitamin, HP Laptop presentation.