Not applicable

How much a Wedding Ring is Important for Couple

As my words are Indicating about my feeling towards to define the Relationship between couple and understand their feeling of love please justify your words with explanation.

Super Contributor

Re: How much a Wedding Ring is Important for Couple

I don't think the ring is important. Lots of men don't wear wedding rings. Smart women know the man is more important than the ring.

Trusted Contributor

I would not like it at all if my husband did not wear his wedding ring. Fortunately, my husband always does wear his.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

When I was young I had the big wedding and the big diamond (to me 1.5 carat) but as I got older I realized that neither of those things are important, it's how you treat each other and how you live together.

Super Contributor

It's not the ring, but the marriage.

That said, a ring is a symbol for marriage.

My decision to wear one, and my DH wears his too... which is good because it was $$$.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

A ring isn't important to marriage at all. It's just jewelry. It shows the world that you are married but that doesn't mean a darn thing. If a piece of metal on your finger had any meaning in marriage, the divorce rate would be 0. In our culture wedding rings are exchanged. Although some men choose to opt out. I would have been okay with that but my husband has always worn one. We have upgraded several times. After 31 years, he says he feels naked when he forgets to put it on. But I know married people who say the same thing about their rings and they have terrible marriages, including infidelities. Because....a piece of jewelry does not make a marriage. Don't ever confuse "marriage" with the jewelry and the big white dress and the party and the hoopla. None of that is necessary. Marriage is what is in your heart and the committment you make to one another.

Honored Contributor

Rings have never been of much importance in my marriage of 40 years. My husband always worked hard labor jobs where any type of jewelry was forbidden; coalminer, plant mechanic, welder, etc., so he has never worn a ring. I have had several wedding bands through the years from plain gold bands to diamond anniversary bands, and wear none of them, because I don't like the feel of rings on my fingers. I also don't like the feel of necklaces on my neck, or big bracelets on my wrist. The only jewelry I am fully comfortable with is earrings. My husband and I are 100% committed to each other, but do not feel a ring is necessary.

Super Contributor

A ring is not important to me. A piece of paper is not important to me. A ceremony is not important to me. What is important to me is the unspoken commitment.

Honored Contributor

My DH does not wear his ring - and I think he lost it somewhere along the way. I don't even remember what his looked like anymore. I wear my very small narrow band daily but not my diamond ring. Wearing or not wearing a ring does not make a marriage IMO.

I agree that way too many people confuse the rings and the dress and the big expensive party with a marriage. My parents were married in the minister's office , my Mom wore a suit and my Dad his army uniform in the middle of WW11 - just before my Dad left to go overseas. They were married 49 years before my Mom died. Just as married as anyone who had a huge party. My grandparents eloped and were married 61 years DH and I had a very small wedding (20 guests) and we are married 31 years.

Super Contributor

Not important. Mine doesn't fit anymore and I don't like it anymore. I also don't wear rings anymore, too uncomfortable for me. My husband can't wear a ring in his line of work. So neither of us ever wear our rings.