Valued Contributor

REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka July 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

How can it be that more than half of 2014 is gone already? I think my father was correct: life passes so slowly before the age of 20 and then keeps speeding up to the point where once you pass 40, it seems to be roaring along in dog years!

We have a JR visit to look forward to this month and that's ALWAYS a happy thought!

As always, the premise of this thread is simple: REVIEW AFTER REVIEW AFTER REVIEW and EVERYTHING JUDITH RIPKA COUNTS, NOT JUST JRQ. And if you have your own separate thread discussing a single design, please copy your single review post below.

So, if you are JR shopping at the Q, this includes new designs, older pieces, clearance, Lunchtime Specials, OTOs, TSVs, Last Clicks, While Supplies Last, Insider, Limited Quantity and "As Is." Outside of the Q is Judith's boutiques, Sawgrass outlet (friendly SAs can do everything via email with photos), JudithRipka dot com, independent jewelers and their websites as well as elite stores and their sites including Last Call. Also, RuLaLa, Gilt, Ideeli, Bluefly and Sam's Club. Then there's the biggest JR arenas: Over There (major auction site) and Ripkanista-to-Ripkanista trading.

A couple of requests: if you are reviewing a JRQ piece, please include the J-number. Even with the JRQ inventory recently pared down to just over 1,200 it is nearly impossible to be sure which JR treasure you are reviewing via description alone. This also helps us to open a second window to the product page, hopefully see a video and read additional reviews. PHOTOS ARE WELCOME!

Now, let's get reviewing! Thanks for sharing you experiences both positive and otherwise, opinions and thoughts. ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Re: REVIEWS Please post Judith Ripka July 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

J107829 champaign bracelet. Omg this is a stunner. Been on my wish list. Just recieved today. It is a perfect fit ,the stones are clear and perfect. The picture online does not do this justice. I am so happy to have this beauty.

Valued Contributor

REVIEW: "As Is" J295146 (original J-number is J281210) Diamonique 100-facet button omega earrings

GRADE: A

YEA: overall expected JR quality; flattering design

BOO: substandard posts

VALUE (1=low; 10=high): 8

JR button omega lovers will find these sparklers light up the face and flatter

With the downsizing of nearly a hundred J-numbers in the JRQ inventory, it is nice to see these beauties made a reappearance in the "As Is" category. Though only available in clip currently, it is simple business to have posts added at your local jeweler. Clip lovers though will be able to move the earring a bit higher if desired to cover up piercings.

Small but not too small at a length of 13/16" by 9/16" JR's button omegas feature East-West slant Berge bordered Diamoniques, four carats in each ear for tons of face flattering sparkle. The long oval design gently curves over the ear with a whirling pattern around the main stone of rows of roping alternating with rows of small DMQs (80 pts. total, 40 pts. in each earring). Backing is solid with a sweet JR iconic cut-out Fleur de Lis to let in the light so the DMQ can do its magic. Omega opening is secure and opens the full 90 degree for easy positioning on the ear. Posts are a little bendy, but it you have your local jeweler place them, it will easy to get strong ones.

I've worn these a few times and love that they don't get lost in my hair and are noticeable without being over the top. The Q photos make them seem more blingy than they really are. These omegas do have the expected Ripka weight, so if that bothers you, please correct with a disc over the post.

I was so happy to track these down because even with being a heavy Ripka collector, I find it hard to keep up with JR's constant introductions of new product over the past two years. If you love them, try the clips and if that doesn't work, have posts added where you live. I have found myself reaching for them often. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

REVIEW: J288014 Four-row grey Pearl 7.5mm and Diamonique bracelet

GRADE: A

Yea: Quality pearls, sterling stations, minimal DMQ.

Boo: Go back to professional closures and forget magnets on bracelets which get bumped around during wear.

Value (1=low; 10=high): 7.5

Gorgeous bracelet, well-matched Pearls make for a timeless JR selection

Being a Pearl fanatic with an ongoing weakness for JR designs, this four-row 7.5mm grey Pearl bracelet with four sterling carved divider stations has even made me stand up and take notice. I leave it in the closed position and find myself often just sliding it on no matter if I'm wearing casual or dressy because it just makes me feel better!

The luster of the grey Pearls is perfect as are the Pearls themselves, not a divot or hint of color change in the bunch of 128 Pearls. Width is 1 3/16", DMQ is .30 points and the sturdy slant Berge carved bar stations to keep everything tidy are just over 1/16" in width, triple that for the closure. Am not a fan of magnetic closures for bracelets (refer back to the leather/gemstone heart bracelets of six or seven years ago of Judith's which required an extra beaded keeper to prevent loss) and suggest that JR go back to her more professional closures, ie the slide and double figure eights for safety. Down the road, this piece may require magnet replacement.

True love for this design, keeping in mind the convenience of the magnet... ~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Good morning LuckyPeach, Grizzwoman and Ripkanistas! It sounds like both of you picked lovely goodies to add to your JR Treasure Boxes.

I am still experiencing computer troubles and am not sure if this will post. LuckyPeach, I hope your bouts with pneumonia have ceased. Our property case is currently on hold (which is a good thing) and the summer has been busy with grandbabies and a re-roofing project.

I was in Sam's Club about a week ago and they were clearancing numerous JR pieces. The saleslady did not know if this meant a discontinuation of the line or that they were just clearing out old stock. She did say they have not gotten in any new JR in a long time. The pieces that are on clearance usually end in a "1" for a price (i.e., $68.71). I picked up some 1 1/2" linen hoops (I already own them but these are for a retirement gift for a friend) that are great basics with a little sparkle (I think there is minimal white sapphire presence in them). I also picked up the larger JR2 evil eye pendant for 99.71 (think the retail on this particular piece was $450). It is a whimsical piece, but lovely with very small white, black and blue sapphires forming the eye (I think the Q version may have been beautifully done with enamel and diamonique).

I hope everyone enjoys the shows!

Valued Contributor

Reviews, Ripkanistas? I'll finally be back tomorrow with some of my own... Thanks~Peach

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach - hope you are enjoying your new lovely pieces.

Received my new items too...

J296027 - TSV 118 facet stud earrings. They are all everyone else has raved about. They are the perfect "stud" earrings and they sparkle like crazy. I wore them to work yesterday and received many compliments. Love them -- very comfortable on.

J290398 - interchangeable pearl necklace (silver) at event price. I am loving this beautiful pearl necklace and love that you can wear this so many ways. Beautiful pearls, fun to play with and so glad I made this purchase.

J293603 - 3 stone turquoise & dmq cuff. The cuff is nice but has some rough edges around the hinge and on the top by the stone. It should have been finished and I will be returning this one.

J295793 - new stack pave ring (silver) - this is a perfect little stack ring and just the right amount of dmq pave stones. I like the thin band and stack rings and will wear this one a lot.

Valued Contributor

I'm attending a conference today and the current agenda item is not of interest to me so I thought I'd share a few reviews:

J295448 - 14K Clad Princess Cut Bracelet - This piece is simply stunning. The saturation of the yellow clad is spot-on. The clasp and lock work perfectly. It's the same proportion and heft of the silver version (loved by so many). This will be a piece I'll wear often and proudly.

J294765 - 14K Clad Double Brilliant Stud Earrings and J294560 Silver Double Brilliant Stud Earrings - These are very nicely made and comfortable on the ear. The sparkle factor from the 118 facets is off the charts. I don't wear studs often but have reached for these almost every day since receiving them. I also think they would make perfect gifts.

J294490 - Sterling 3.70 Carat Weight London Blue Topaz and Diamonique ring - This is a show-stopper. Sits a bit high off the finger and the saturation of the LB stones is mesmerizing. Very comfortable on the hand...but requires some thought so as not to inadvertently bang the setting (against computer, etc.). Highly recommend this lovely ring!

Plugging back into the conference...happy weekend to all.

Regular Contributor

Copied from my thread...

Hi Ladies,

Received all of my new treasures and like my title says... triple wow!!

Clad Ice Cube bracelet... what more can I say that Dallas Dame and Jersey Born have not. Just beautiful. Love it as much as my sliver one.

Shades of Pink band ring... just as I suspected stunning. But I will warn you, it is a tight fit. I ordered size 5 and it is snug going on and off. But for me, size 6 would be too large.

J295794, pave stack ring in yellow clad... beautiful, elegant, feminine, perfect fit.

J295508, the smaller 3 stone ring in clad... gorgeous alone or worn with the band above.

I love the band and 3 stone ring so much that I just ordered them in silver. This way I can wear the silver set together, or just the 2 stack rings together, or the silver band with J293764 on the same finger...it's all good and fun.

I will admit, I am annoyed that the video's are not up from the last show. Would love to revisit some items.

Looking forward to seeing more reviews from everyone