Honored Contributor

Did Anyone Buy the Prasiolite Ring on ShopHQ?

I didn't but I did enjoy Michael's presentation during which he alluded to it coming from the Montezuma Mine in Brazil. I googled that mine and found this information on the stone. Very interesting and it sounds as thought we might be seeing a lot more of it. According to what this says, his stone is probably very good quality at a nice price.

http://www.dianajarrett.com/articles/prasiolite.html

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Buy the Prasiolite Ring on ShopHQ?

I didn't buy it. The stone is gorgeous, but the 13 carat Prasiolite ring I purchased from Victoria Wieck surrounded by two row waves of white zircon stones has the same color as Micheal's and the stone comes from Brazil also. That ring was only 119 dollars and sold out in seconds. It has flash and great color. Michael's stone is just too large.
Super Contributor

I didn't buy it either. I'm not a ""honker"" gal but I do enjoy seeing them on TV and I do enjoy reading from other ladies here of their ""honker"" purchases! I think I might splurge just a wee bit and purchase the prasiolite studs. They're huge but not a huge price tag. I ended up buying other things that I'm patiently awaiting their arrival. I did purchase a canary beryl ring from Michael and I CANNOT wait to slip that beauty on!!!

I will be sitting in front of the TV for most of the day today! I absolutely enjoy Gem Week!

Bling's ring sounds lovely too.... ENJOY EVERYONE!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

Laura Ramsey had this stone umpteen years ago! The color is so scrumptious!

Respected Contributor

I did not buy it because, I'm not a "honker" kind of girl, either. But I enjoy watching Michael when he is on. I wish he would do some smaller pieces in only sterling silver - no stones. I am interested in trying the alloy he uses, but don't want anything with a stone.

I like the Wolf jewelry storage items they have.

On top of that, I really enjoy watching Heather Hall.

Honored Contributor

I already have a beautiful Prasiolite from JTV from several years ago. Michael's designs are getting very predictable, huge stone in center and teeny tiny ones on sides. Can look off a little off balance to me.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful color. But massive. I think the ""monster factor"" is meant to generate a bigger price for a prasiolite/ss ring. Most women wouldn't wear that everyday and as jewelry is trending downwards it is going to look funny--except on larger people. I also think that it is a lot of money; I remember the Victresse was about $250 as TTV.

Super Contributor

I'm not going to get it because it is ""embrace"" instead of simply .925 silver. I would also get it if it is a pendant and in .925 silver.

Embrace/vermeill/technibond/etc. is a no no for me.

Super Contributor

Large rings are going out of style. I 2015 you will see much smaller rings. Did,t buy

Honored Contributor

The color was beautiful but the stone was too large for me also.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~