Honored Contributor

Why can't you size Gems en Vogue II?

I thought he had some proprietary mix of metals that went through and through, meaning the piece isn't plated. Why can't they be sized?

Super Contributor

Re: Why can't you size Gems en Vogue II?

Michael's pieces are a mixture of silver and palladium. The palladium is mixed in with the silver (it isn't clad over the silver). For that reason, his rings can't be sized.

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

You can send your ring to his company to have it sized if need be. Call first, though.

Respected Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Crazed4Gems said:

Michael's pieces are a mixture of silver and palladium. The palladium is mixed in with the silver (it isn't clad over the silver). For that reason, his rings can't be sized.

This.

If it were just plated silver, it could be done. They need to return to half sizing on these.

Honored Contributor

I like the half size idea. I think even Eterna Gold has dropped them. I rarely bother sizing rings now days, but his cost enough to want them to fit perfectly.

Honored Contributor

You said it...because it's a proprietary metal that goes through and through. What would they weld it with?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment