Regular Contributor

Where did some jewelry designers go?

I've been wondering where did Tacori and Hidalgo and even Kirks Folly go too? They just seem to be out of sight out of mind. I loved a lot of the Tacori pieces, but now all they seem to do is spotlight on Judith Ripka, although her jewelry is nice (most expensive now a days), it's all I see on the Q it seems. Diamonique used to be a lot more than they had, now it's incorporated with a lot of the JR line. I miss the days of just straight up Diamonique shows. These other desginers used to sell a lot on the Q, but why they left or all their things are on clearance is a bit baffling.

Super Contributor

Re: Where did some jewelry designers go?

Gone with the wind.

Valued Contributor

To the bank.

Frequent Contributor

To the other shopping channels....The ones that don't send a host to Italy to talk about jewelry. They prefer to keep the prices lower & offer lower S&H charges..many times even free.

Honored Contributor

When their products don't make the sales they need to be on the top channel, they go elsewhere. And I never follow because the local jeweler I like best will work on Q items if needed, but not on any of the others - and, of course, what he really wants and needs is for me to purchase from him.

I did buy one piece of Tacori a few years back. It wasn't terrible, but it also made me decide if I couldn't afford the "real" thing, I didn't ever need to pay for the Tacori name. Except for an occasional piece of Honora, I'm no longer spending any of my jewelry dollars on shopping channel designer names, just generics and almost none of that.

Valued Contributor

You find their past designs on eBay_
Super Contributor

Jose Hess is on JTV ... I think Hidalgo is over there, too, but I'm not sure. I have a feeling that Tacori got out of the CZ business.

Frequent Contributor

I understand sales..I understand that QVC is trying to streamline the products down to only items that sell high volume..reduce stock..pay less stock workers..less warehouses and all that..the savings go down the line...BUT..in the long run I think it is going to seriously hurt them when they do not have any variety to offer and not everyone care's for JR's Designs or Her prices.

Frequent Contributor

I also liked Kirk's Folly and wish they would bring them back. Fir a while their shows were on in the middle of the night, so I always missed them, and now it's seems like they're gone for good. Sad, they had such enjoyable designs and they were a fun family.

Frequent Contributor

Oh also wanted to say - I wish Echo of the Dreamer would return too. Her jewelry was just gorgeous.