Super Contributor

Yo! - 4/13/14 - T. Jefferson born, 1743

Good afternoon and happy Sunday to us all.

It has been lovely early summertime around these parts lately. I hope we're not once again skipping spring.

I have been very, VERY busy preparing for tomorrow night's Seder. I just finished straightening which I fear may be a lost cause since DTGD will be her bright and early in the AM. I have some prep work for the Seder plate and relish tray. Once that's done I must remove any chametz (Leavened products) to solitary confinement in the basement for 8 days. If I am able to complete filling dessert trays, I'm done until tomorrow morning's matzoh rolls and the rest of the cooking.

DTGD was so proud of herself on Friday as she helped me begin setting the table. I wish I hadn't been so tired and preoccupied so I could have enjoyed it more. She asked a lot of questions about all the new and different things on the table. After I told her about the important part she plays in finding the afikomen, and that she gets gifts, her eyes went wide and a big smile came across her face. I hope she feels that was while we read from the Haggadah for the Seder service before we can eat. Smiley Happy

Back to work for me.

I hope everyone makes it a great week. For those who begin Passover at sundown tomorrow, Chag Sameach!

Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 4/13/14 - T. Jefferson born, 1743

Hi Kaplan!

Have a wonderful time with your family during your Seder tomorrow!

One question! What does Chag Sameach mean?

Super Contributor

HI Kaplan, I hope that you are able to get some needed rest so that you can fully enjoy this busy special time with your family.

We had some really nice warm weather here that past few days. Now for Tues they are calling for SNOW!!!! It was 72 today. I so wish we could just enjoy a nice spring.

Blessings to all during this Holy week.

Frequent Contributor

Hi,Kappy! I echo Pepper22's comments, as well. It's so gratifying to pass on such important traditions to the young ones in our families. These lessons will stay with DTGD for the rest of her life, and shape her own teachings with her babies one day. Now, you just have to make sure you are there to see it! Take care of yourself and don't overdo things!

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Me2Me said:

Hi Kaplan!

Have a wonderful time with your family during your Seder tomorrow!

One question! What does Chag Sameach mean?

Chag sameach literally means joyous festival. Passover, along with Chanukah and a couple of others are not holidays, but festivals. Thanks for asking.