Occasional Contributor

Love Carolyn, Love made in the USA, Pieces ...what happened?

I adore Carolyn for continuing to make her pieces in the USA. My Mom and I often surprise each other with Carolyn's pieces, however lately I have been really disappointed. Has anyone noticed they are starting to look very costume jewelry-ish? A lady at work asked me if I got my turquoise ring at Charming Charlie's. Any opinions?

Super Contributor

Re: Love Carolyn, Love made in the USA, Pieces ...what happened?

On 4/12/2014 7Lady7Luck7 said:

A lady at work asked me if I got my turquoise ring at Charming Charlie's. Any opinions?

Send it back?

Honored Contributor

Oh my, which ring was it?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I've never heard of Charming Charlie's, but my guess is . . your friend shops for costume jewelry and may not recognize well-made jewelry with beautiful real stones. If you liked the ring enough to keep it, I'd say it's up to you what you think of the ring and not others. I'd love to know which ring it is too. I find the best way to know if I'd like something is to watch the video. Otherwise, I enjoyed Carolyn's old line - Sincerely Southwest - more than the new, although there are some things I think are very nice. You might want to try American West - it's more like the older CP jewelry, and still made in the US.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

ITA with Juggie - well said - I have to wonder about your friend's knowledge and taste in jewelry?????

Occasional Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Bird mama said:

Oh my, which ring was it?

It's no longer listed. It was an elongated turquoise ring. I still like it.

Occasional Contributor

On 4/12/2014 ennui1 said:
On 4/12/2014 7Lady7Luck7 said:

A lady at work asked me if I got my turquoise ring at Charming Charlie's. Any opinions?

Send it back?

It's one I've had a while, I like it. Just saying...

Occasional Contributor

On 4/12/2014 jugtown said:

I've never heard of Charming Charlie's, but my guess is . . your friend shops for costume jewelry and may not recognize well-made jewelry with beautiful real stones. If you liked the ring enough to keep it, I'd say it's up to you what you think of the ring and not others. I'd love to know which ring it is too. I find the best way to know if I'd like something is to watch the video. Otherwise, I enjoyed Carolyn's old line - Sincerely Southwest - more than the new, although there are some things I think are very nice. You might want to try American West - it's more like the older CP jewelry, and still made in the US.

True...she wears pretty classic jewelry never changes it up, anyhow thanks for the advice.

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 jugtown said:

Oh Jug...so well said. Thank you! Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder - always - and everyone should enjoy what they like. This from another of the older Southwestern style admirer and now confirmed "AW" style lover - with quite a bit of the new CP mixed in. LOL Go ahead and enjoy your ring, 7Lady7Luck.

Respected Contributor

OMG. Charming Charlie's. What a place. They offer a dizzying array of plastic purses, scarves the size of tablecloths, bedazzled thingamabobs and trinkety-trinks, all laid out in the most well organized, color coded store you could ever imagine. (And of course, all made in China.) I don't even know what all they have in there. I went in once and started getting an anxiety attack from all of the faux stuff. Thank goodness it was only a short travel to the Auntie Anne's kiosk, where I calmed myself with a pretzel-covered Nathan's hot dog. Give me my old, real things any day, all day.