Respected Contributor
I don't recall so many advance orders for ordinary inexpensive pearl strands or earrings. It isn't "fresh from the Fair" in Italy. I understand that this is QVC's scheme to ensure that they don't have a lot of excess inventory. I will not purchase advance order items. It already takes 10 days for a regular item to arrive. I don't need it if it will take months to arrive.
Super Contributor

Re: Advance Orders on Honora

They always have advance order items for these pearl harvest shows.

I agree, though, it's so the Q doesn't get stuck with excess inventory.

Contributor

I actually don't mind advanced orders, it gives me time to think do I really want the item or have I gotten caught up in the hype and I get to see the reviews. It works for me.
Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 CT Customer said: I actually don't mind advanced orders, it gives me time to think do I really want the item or have I gotten caught up in the hype and I get to see the reviews. It works for me.

ITA!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

I do not mind it. I put the ankle bracelet on advanced order.

Trusted Contributor

I don't remember them having so many advance orders, either, even for the pearl harvest. Just not so. It's the new thing. I guess they feel it saves on having so much inventory, but I'm losing my excitement over it. I'm already waiting for items from Vicenza Day. Nothing is really tempting me in these shows. Unless they put up some new items, I'm totally disappointed. It doesn't seem like there are that many new items. The excitement of the harvest is not here this time around. Too much bronze, too. I do happen to like one pair of earrings that have some bronze - the ones with the white topaz.

Really, I have a bronze and white stick pearl necklace that is gorgeous, but how many bronze and pearl items can I use? It's all starting to look the same to me.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind advance orders. Also, gives me a chance to determine if I really "need" the item.

Super Contributor

Doesn't bother me either. Gives me a treat to look forward to.

Contributor

Hi:

It's been almost three years since I was on the forums; thought I'd give them another shotWink

Question on the advance orders? If they do not charge till the item ships, what do they do, pre-authorize a small amount?

I shop with a debit card and only keep a small amount on it, so, it would be very helpful to know, guess I should just call and ask, eh?

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 maisysiobhan said:

Hi:

It's been almost three years since I was on the forums; thought I'd give them another shotWink

Question on the advance orders? If they do not charge till the item ships, what do they do, pre-authorize a small amount?

I shop with a debit card and only keep a small amount on it, so, it would be very helpful to know, guess I should just call and ask, eh?

maisy...

Nothing gets charged to your card until the day that the item is shipped.

Welcome back to the forums!Smile

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}