Valued Contributor

Are the bronze pieces heavy? I am looking at some of the necklaces. I have a pair of stainless steel earrings that I never wear because of the weight. I know bronze and stainless steel are two different materials but I was wondering if the bronze was weighty or more like gold/silver weight. Hope this makes sense. TIA

Contributor

I have a Bronzo Italia necklace and it is very light. Bronze is not a material, I believe it is copper plated over something. The good news is, copper is very durable plus it's pretty.

You should have no problem piling on the jewelry, I also like that the line is affordable.

Enjoy your pieces.

Super Contributor

As far as density, which affects weight, bronze is lighter than either gold or silver. I have several pieces of Honora's bronze and Bronzo Italia, and it's lighter than similar items I have in real gold and silver.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Cabrio said:

Bronze is not a material, I believe it is copper plated over something.

Bronze is an alloy -- it is not plated "over something." Bronze is generally an alloy of copper and tin. It's bronze, all the way through. If you remember your history ... think back to the Bronze Age, and the history of civilization, Stone - Bronze - Iron.

Super Contributor

bronze is an alloy..

Valued Contributor

Thank you you everyone for the information. You were all very helpful. It has been a while since I ordered from Honora and I started looking at their pieces again.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 ennui1 said:
On 4/9/2014 Cabrio said:

Bronze is not a material, I believe it is copper plated over something.

Bronze is an alloy -- it is not plated "over something." Bronze is generally an alloy of copper and tin. It's bronze, all the way through. If you remember your history ... think back to the Bronze Age, and the history of civilization, Stone - Bronze - Iron.

Thanks ennui1, for a second I thought I was going crazy.

Honored Contributor

I have one Bronzo piece and find it to be very light. I purchased the link bracelet TSV from a couple of years ago (magnetic closure), not the most recent link TSV. I don't think I will be back for more Bronzo. Not a fan. {#emotions_dlg.sad}