Super Contributor

Paging all Carolyn Pollack and American West fans!

The plain silver filigre cross pendant enhancer is on sale on Carolyn's website. I have always admired it, however the steep price kept me away. If you own it, how do you like it? Thank you in advance for your response. Haca

Super Contributor

Re: Paging all Carolyn Pollack and American West fans!

Hi Haca - Funny - I was just going to put out a post on that cross - It is the Star of the Week - which for people who don't follow her website - is posted every Tues.nite or Wed. (depending on where you live) --there are 2 pieces out there right now which every collector should own - they are both spectacular - one is that Filagree cross - it is gorgeous and LARGE - thatuis a terrific price --the other is the Evening Star Chrysoprase Enhancer for $84.99 - first of all Chrysoprase is expensive and hard to come by - especially that piece - I chased it for a long time before finally buying it on Ebay - and only because the person selling it didn't know what it was!! It's gorgeous - you don't see it even on her website very often -- anyhow - as a long time collector of her jewelry I highly recommend both those pieces!!

Super Contributor

Thank you, CL. Knew I could count on you. Yes, I LOVE the chrysoprase as well - it's such a gorgeous green. Jay King had some for sale yesterday, I heard. I wasn't able to watch the entire show. While I like his gems, his designs are only so-so most of the time - not like CP. You can count on hers being exceptional. If it is an older piece, then the silver is probably heavy as well.

I have a few hours to think about this - lol.

Super Contributor

Correction - The Chrysoprase piece is not an enhancer - doesn't matter to me but know it does to some people

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2014 cooking lady said:

Hi Haca - Funny - I was just going to put out a post on that cross - It is the Star of the Week - which for people who don't follow her website - is posted every Tues.nite or Wed. (depending on where you live) --there are 2 pieces out there right now which every collector should own - they are both spectacular - one is that Filagree cross - it is gorgeous and LARGE - thatuis a terrific price --the other is the Evening Star Chrysoprase Enhancer for $84.99 - first of all Chrysoprase is expensive and hard to come by - especially that piece - I chased it for a long time before finally buying it on Ebay - and only because the person selling it didn't know what it was!! It's gorgeous - you don't see it even on her website very often -- anyhow - as a long time collector of her jewelry I highly recommend both those pieces!!

Hi C Lady!

I missed out last year on the Chrysoprase pendant when it was less then $40 during those flower sales, remember when everything was selling out in minutes! I own the ring that matches the pendant, someday I'll snag the pendant too, but not a week after an AWJ show! lol

Super Contributor

Hi ladies! Haca -- I also have that huge cross, and it is beautiful! Very heavy with silver - I think it's around 50 grams, but it sits nicely on beads and looks fabulous with native pearls . . pretty much anything lol. I was lucky to get it for a ridiculous price a while back, but the price it is now is excellent . . let us know what you decide!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Regular Contributor

On orders over 100.00 try the code VAULT14 for 20.00 off

Super Contributor

Never, you are a jewel! Hi Jug and Kath! How much jewelry can one person own? Thanks for your input!
Regular Contributor

Haca,

I have owned this piece for several years now...bought it not know that I already owned the matching earrings!...Go to it time and time again...great basic...I wear it on silver or beads...get it, you won't regret it!

Super Contributor

Hi Sistas! I had a long conversation with myself during the last couple of hours. It was a debate between Spanish filigree or MOP AW cross. Both of them have been on my list for some time. Well the filigree won. I hope it won't be too big. Even though the discount code did not apply - a few cents away from the $100 mark - it is still a great price. Thank you enablers. I won't be home on Carolyn's next visit, so that is how I justify this expense.

It was a great day for gardening! Hugs to all!