Super Contributor

Yo! - 4/5/14 - Pocahantas married John Rolfe, 1614

Good afternoon and happy Saturday to us all.

It's been a while since I posted a straight up "Yo." Things around here have been slightly crazier than usual and I just plain forgot. Hope everyone's feeling great.

Mazel tov to Miss Judie and her family in the new phase beginning in her creative genius. She is on hard working lady who has helped to blaze trails in areas previously off limits to women. I truly hope she enjoys this new phase in her company.

I am beginning the annual preparation for our Passover seder. For the first time part of it will be catered by a local store. I do feel guilty and wonder what will happen when some dishes do not have the flavor to which everyone has become accustomed. But because this is such a labor intensive meal, it was this or going to a restaurant, and I thought DTGD would prefer the festivities in our home. I can't wait until she searches for the afikomen. Her reward upon finding it will be a princess outfit which I ordered last night from Amazon.

(For those of you unfamiliar with a seder, I will try and give a brief explanation. Seder means order, as in the order of the dinner. The purpose of the seder is to re-tell the Exodus story, and we use songs, dance, jokes or whatever keeps everyone's attention and completes the story. The afikomen is a piece of matzoh which is hidden during the seder. In order for the seder to be completed it must be found because it is symbolically the last thing eaten. It is the task of the children present to find it and return it so the seder can finish. They are rewarded for their actions.)

I hope spring is finally arriving in your neighborhood. Yesterday I was wearing a faux fur and glove it was such a raw cold. Today it's sunny and windy but also about 20 degrees warmer.

Make it a great day!

Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 4/5/14 - Pocahantas married John Rolfe, 1614

Even though I an Catholic, on a week long Easter retreat, we had a Passover meal. Good Friday is based on the Passover. The last supper was a Passover meal. I don't know how authentic our food was, but it was an awesome experience.
Super Contributor

Re: Yo! - 4/5/14 - Pocahantas married John Rolfe, 1614

I am so happy you enjoyed the experience, Nikalette.

And welcome to the Forum.