Super Contributor

Chaco Canyon Southwest Jewelry

I purchased today on HSN the multi-gemstone (travertine turquoise) Sterling Cuff, I was looking forward to the show. I just love the shade of blush with the turquoise flowing like water thru the stones. Looks to be slightly oxidized and polished silver with this one. I do have the starburst dangle earing which I just love and was considering the starburst cuff but I do have a similar cuff so I nixed it. Love the fact that its made in the US.

Do any of you ladies have this cuff & if so your thoughts on it? or have any of you purchased anything from the show? I am hoping when I recieve it that the turquoise flows like the one presented and that it fits snug enough that the stones stay centered, altho when presented, the cuff could be ajusted a bit to more than likely accomadate my size wrist.

Super Contributor

Re: Chaco Canyon Southwest Jewelry

Hi kabella...I own and love my Chaco Canyon's liquid silver (18") necklace and pair it with any Carolyn Pollack or American West pendant as appropriate. I especially like it with Kenneth Johnson's flycatcher pendant. Sometimes I wear the necklace on its own. Love the findings on it. They do have beautiful handmade silver jewelry. I was admiring some of the pieces this morning, though I was unable to watch the entire show. Spent too much $$ as a result of the recent AW shows was therefore sitting on my hands. Smile

Congrats on the starburst dangle. It looked gorgeous! Haca

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Haca said:

Hi kabella...I own and love my Chaco Canyon's liquid silver (18") necklace and pair it with any Carolyn Pollack or American West pendant as appropriate. I especially like it with Kenneth Johnson's flycatcher pendant. Sometimes I wear the necklace on its own. Love the findings on it. They do have beautiful handmade silver jewelry. I was admiring some of the pieces this morning, though I was unable to watch the entire show. Spent too much $$ as a result of the recent AW shows was therefore sitting on my hands. Smile

Congrats on the starburst dangle. It looked gorgeous! Haca

Hi there Haca & ThankyouSmiley Happy I was thinking of purchasing the Liquid Silver Necklace in the 24" inch but I just limited myself to one purchase but thought the necklace was so striking! Yes, I agree it must look stunning with CP, AW, etc. enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Chaco Canyon is one of my very favorite lines of Native American jewelry. I have two cuff bracelets, among other pieces. The artistry is remarkable, the amount of sterling silver is unbelievable, and the gem stones are truly unparalleled.

I'll have to go take a look at the Travertine turquoise cuff ... I saw a portion of the show this morning, but don't remember that one.

ETA: Ohhh ... I do remember that bracelet! In fact, it's on my Favorites list. Hope you enjoy it when you get it.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 SoX said:

Chaco Canyon is one of my very favorite lines of Native American jewelry. I have two cuff bracelets, among other pieces. The artistry is remarkable, the amount of sterling silver is unbelievable, and the gem stones are truly unparalleled.

I'll have to go take a look at the Travertine turquoise cuff ... I saw a portion of the show this morning, but don't remember that one.

ETA: Ohhh ... I do remember that bracelet! In fact, it's on my Favorites list. Hope you enjoy it when you get it.

Yes, you description of CC jewelry is exactly what I think. Altho I have various tastes in jewerly, for Native American, they are by far my favorites too & I have other peices also. That particular bracelet came on toward the end of the show which I almost missed because I was distracted for awhile. I am looking forward to it & will post a review. thanks!

Honored Contributor

The only thing I ever bought from that line is a large round pendant with a huge bale which has a horse done in relief. It's very 3-dimensional but the silver has a strange satin finish that make it look like brushed aluminum. I have a "thing" for horses or I wouldn't have bought it.

I also resent this vendor using the name Chaco Canyon. Chaco Canyon, which is not too far from my home, is probably the premier archeological site in the US, although most people probably never heard of it. To the Indians this is like calling something "Valley Forge" or "Liberty Bell" jewelry. You just don't do that.

Kabella, do you realize that the stones in your bracelet are not natural but are compressed, manufactured stone? It's pretty though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Kachina -I have that horse pendant you mentioned - I wear it all the time - I know what you mean about the finish but the piece is big and thick -one of my favorites

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 kachina624 said:

The only thing I ever bought from that line is a large round pendant with a huge bale which has a horse done in relief. It's very 3-dimensional but the silver has a strange satin finish that make it look like brushed aluminum. I have a "thing" for horses or I wouldn't have bought it.

I also resent this vendor using the name Chaco Canyon. Chaco Canyon, which is not too far from my home, is probably the premier archeological site in the US, although most people probably never heard of it. To the Indians this is like calling something "Valley Forge" or "Liberty Bell" jewelry. You just don't do that.

Kabella, do you realize that the stones in your bracelet are not natural but are compressed, manufactured stone? It's pretty though.

Yes, I do know the stones are compressed. I didn't buy that particular bracelet for the value of the stones, in other words they have no value. I also like the fact that the bracelet is not too bold. I just think its beautifully designed with some oxidation & polished silver which I prefer & a good peice of fashion jewelry.

Super Contributor

I had the ring (it's described as "river rock" and not travertine on the site) and I sent it back---it looked fake (I don't know what other word to use) to me, the cream colored stone with this blue stripe running straight across--even if it's compressed stone I would have appreciated some attention to creating a more natural look.

The cuff may turn out to be a winner, there's more room to work with there! I generally like Chaco Canyon very much and the ring was the first thing I've ever returned from their line.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2014 pistolino said:

I had the ring (it's described as "river rock" and not travertine on the site) and I sent it back---it looked fake (I don't know what other word to use) to me, the cream colored stone with this blue stripe running straight across--even if it's compressed stone I would have appreciated some attention to creating a more natural look.

The cuff may turn out to be a winner, there's more room to work with there! I generally like Chaco Canyon very much and the ring was the first thing I've ever returned from their line.

I remember looking for reviews on the site & it seems the ring got several good reviews & yes it was described as "river rock". Too bad the stones looked so fake. I am hoping the bracelet looks more natural.

I have only 2 other peices from CC...The SS "naja" enhancer... & the
Sunburst gemstone feather earings, both which I like alot.