Super Contributor

ROBERT LEE MORRIS...GONE from the Q ???

I couldn't sleep tonight (Sunday 1-12) and decided to see what was on the Q...it was a Robert Lee Morris , 2 hr show, every single item on clearance...and he wasn't there. I've been a 20 yr customer and I've always so enjoyed Robert and his jewelry and can remember when all his designs were in solid sterling only. I couldn't even believe it when I saw everything on clearance. I knew when he wasn't there (he's always there no matter what time of day or night) it looks like the Q has parted ways with him too. This is unbelievable. All the jewelry designers are almost all gone. Robert Lee Morris, Judith Jack, Tacori, Joe Espisoto, Hildalgo, Dweck, Verragio, Erica Courtney and many more I can't think of right now. What is going on ? It seems like they are replacing all of these wonderful vendors and lines with Dyson vacuum, computers, tablets, blenders and more. As a 20 yr customer....yes I know its just a shopping channel...but, it makes me really sad to see all these wonderful vendors gone, never to return.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ROBERT LEE MORRIS...GONE from the Q ???

I think you're right. I just turned on the show and Rachel is alone. I wear his silver cross bracelet every day, and have a number of his pieces. This is very sad.
Honored Contributor

And how the hosts bragged when all these designers joined QVC, telling us viewers how lucky we were to be able to buy their jewelry at such good prices. Now they clear them out on an overnight show. How sad.

Respected Contributor

I woke up at 5:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on the TV. Rachael was on with RLM jewelry and most items are on clearance. I guess he is being phased out. It is sad. I have so many pieces from his early days at QVC and I reach for them often. I love his organic approach to design. I guess nothing lasts forever.

ETA: Just noticed the TSV is a Dyson. I wonder how many Dyson vacuums have been the Sunday TSV in the past year??

Frequent Contributor

The Metropolitan Museum of Art offers quite a few pieces of Robert's jewelry. You can order online.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like he is selling costume jewelry now. Macy's has LOTS of his pieces.

Respected Contributor

i still miss joe espisito. i have some jade and marasite that i bought, yrs ago and still love. i know the $$ of metals changed the jewelery stock, but i bet the designers would have worked with the q, for better prices.

Trusted Contributor

Did someone post here a while ago that he sold his company? Still designing, but it is not his company anymore?

Contributor

I own several of his pieces and love them, because they don't look like everything else out there. I have afew Ripka pieces and Gorali that I like too. I wonder what direction the Q is headed? I like jewelry and clothes shopping. I use the other shopping channels too. It certainly is not as interesting as it used to be!!!!

Regular Contributor

I found a pair of his earrings from the new Miriam Haskell line at Nordstroms Rack but they looked like silver tone - no label to indicate that they were sterling - I thought they were cheap looking because of that - the design was great though.