Honored Contributor

Gem Week starts on Shop today. I'll be anxious to see what shows up through the week.

I'm in shock though...they actually let Sonia Bitton bring in some of her gold pieces!

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I'm in shock though...they actually let Sonia Bitton bring in some of her gold pieces!

I thought all her items were simulated ... do they feature simulated diamonds in Gem Week?

Contributor

Ennui- in the old days there was a lot of real gold and diamonds on Shop- Sonia B had her line called "Galerie de Bijoux"; high quality diamonds and gemstones in 14 or 18K gold. I only have two items form that line; some diamond hoop earrings and a rose gold necklace with small diamonds, both bought at low clearance prices. Couldn't afford most of her stuff then, and certainly can't now!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm loving Gem Week! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Seems like it's been forever that they've had one. I'm so sick of electronics on all 3 channels, I just can't stand it!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

I was watching Shop yesterday and Chuck said they are going to be bringing in more real gold this year. Also, gem day does not use simulated stones. Sometimes they substitute white zircon for diamonds, but zircon is a genuine stone and has a refractive index almost as good as a diamond.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/10/2014 Shogirl said:

Yes, I'm loving Gem Week! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Seems like it's been forever that they've had one. I'm so sick of electronics on all 3 channels, I just can't stand it!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

ITA!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Just love watching "the three Amigos !!!!!
"

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

I will have to check it out. I have earrings from Sonia Bitton from the old days. White gold and diamond hoop earrings

I have ordered some things during the past eight months but for some reason end up returning. Not sure I am in love with the palladium although I like the look of it. I had two rings that were very rough and just recently returned a pair of earrings that I loved but they were longer and the settings were rough and kept catching on the dress that I had on. They weren't cheap either. $300+

I am sure I will watch.....they really have some wonderful stones

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2014 ilovegreengems said:

Ennui- in the old days there was a lot of real gold and diamonds on Shop- Sonia B had her line called "Galerie de Bijoux"; high quality diamonds and gemstones in 14 or 18K gold.

I'm confused, because CalmInTheHeart said SB was bringing in some real gold for Gem Week, but when I search under her name, it all appears to be simulated.

Valued Contributor

You are right, Ennui1 since I went and checked because Sonia did some really lovely pieces years ago....most of which I couldn't afford.

Honestly, I was fortunate to be able to purchase gold and gold with gem jewelry years ago. Now it is hard for me to justify spending $$$$.I just purchased two pieces of diamonique which I am surprisingly happy with and I love some of the stones that ShopHQ shows and they are in my price range. I think it is fun to watch and imagine you, ennui1, as a REAL jewelry person also would enjoy it.

Did you have to change your moniker? Wasn't there and ennui?

Valued Contributor

This is called the diamond face ring or something like that....also in white gold. $3K+ I like it...funky