Honored Contributor

Where is all the chrome diopside coming from?

Everybody is showing it, more than I've ever seen. Has Siberia warmed up or have they found a new source?

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is all the chrome diopside coming from?

It still comes from Siberia. No new source, that I know of. It's like any other commodity, a lot of gem dealers held product in reserve. Just to see where prices would go. It's probably as high as it's likely to go and they are selling it. JTV has been selling it for many years, it's funny to see the other shopping channels that have jumped on board.

Super Contributor

I read an article about jewelry trends, and it said emeralds are in big demand this year. Chrome diopside is close (but not really, when you compare them side by side).

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2014 ennui1 said:

I read an article about jewelry trends, and it said emeralds are in big demand this year. Chrome diopside is close (but not really, when you compare them side by side).

I absolutely ADORE emeralds but of course I can't afford good ones so chrome diopside fills in for my emerald emptiness!! Enjoy Siberia's offerings ladies - it really is an intense and electric green!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

I prefer chrome diopside over emeralds.....unless, of course, they are very high quality emeralds. I bought an emerald ring from Effy many many years ago on Shop and the quality of those stones is unbelievable.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer chrome diopside over an emerald. Still looking for the perfect chrome diopside bracelet. I have seen several, but none have jumped out as being "the one."

I have heard it mentioned the price of chrome diopside is going up because of the demand. What goes up must come down?

Respected Contributor

Where are you seeing it? I think it's beautiful but never see it.

Trusted Contributor

ShopHQ and JTV both have a nice selection.

Respected Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Sakuya said:

ShopHQ and JTV both have a nice selection.

Thank you. I've never shopped at either place, but I'll look.

Trusted Contributor

You are welcome. I have never bought anything from JTV but I have from ShopHQ and really like the pieces I have.

Gem Week is going on right now on ShopHQ and Gem Days is going on on JTV but with JTV it is all jewelry 24/7 so...