Contributor

I dream and that is why I keep falling for that darn diamonique :) ... only read if you have a sense of humor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I love to dream .

My dream is that one day my weight will fall right off my butt .

Diamonds will make me look like a princess ..

and in my dreams I would like to believe that is possible to have the life that a certain someone keeps on telling me is possible to have if only I buy the stuff that the ladies that lunch buy or them women on Madison Avenue are walking around right now .

Even though, deep down I rather not . Because I don't care Smiley Happy .

But , Ugh! whether I want to admit it or not there is in me a little girl that feels abandoned, unwanted, rejected, looked down upon, made fun of, cried herself to sleep one too many times. And things have not change - those hearts are still hard as rocks towards me .

So. I dream ...

Honored Contributor

Re: I dream and that is why I keep falling for that darn diamonique :) ... only read if you have a sense of humor

Whatever. I think we all know who "a certain someone" is. Maybe that's OP's problem, she places to much importance on what a saleswoman says. I'm 53, I'm an adult in control of my own life. My days of "dreaming" about someone else's version of the good life are long gone. I decide what is of value to me, I decide what I want and when I want it and then I go out and get it. Because standing at the shop window with my nose pressed to the glass, "dreaming" about the things I "hope" to have "someday". Well, that ain't my style....

Super Contributor

Re: I dream and that is why I keep falling for that darn diamonique :) ... only read if you have a sense of humor

Me too, chrystaltree. I've waited long enough for the things and the lifestyle that I want. It didn't used to be that way for me, but now.... if it's something I want I'm going to go ahead and get it!

Super Contributor

Huh. This post makes more sense than the rest of hers. At least she knows it's imaginary.

Frequent Contributor

OMG could this poster be anymore of a bore??? Seek mental help dear. Oh....and.....grow up!!!!

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

I must not have a sense of humor. To me, that is one weird post!!! Back to the drawing board.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see anything humorous bout this post. In fact, it strikes me as very, very sad. My heart goes out to the OP.

diamonique, you have mentioned before that you have numerous health issues. Have you talked to your doctor about how you are feeling emotionally when you go for your visits? He/she could refer you to a healthcare professional who could help you more than posting on this board ever could. Please consider it. I'm speaking as someone who works in healthcare--you could feel better than this and have more peace of mind if you get a referral to someone qualified to help you feel better.

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2014 TX-starlight said:

You took the ""words"" out of my mouth!! I'm utterly befuddled with this lady's posts...

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Occasional Contributor

On 1/6/2014 KringleB said:

OMG could this poster be anymore of a bore??? Seek mental help dear. Oh....and.....grow up!!!!

*snerk*

Well, that is kinda harsh, but I agree with others that one must seize the reins of life and get over that fat, unloved, misfit self many of us were as kids. I am also in my fifties and it is time and past time to get over all that. That was then, today is now and buying stuff on the Q is not going to turn you into a Manhattan socialite either.

The Empire State Building has a really cool pool in it. I saw it in a national geographic once. I often think it would be pretty awesome to swim in that at dusk and watch the lights flick on in the surrounding skyline. But guess what! I am not a multimillionaire living in Manhattan, and I accept it. I find happiness where and when I can.