Regular Contributor

OT/ Who's Got The Winter Blues?

I'm telling you this winter has been very depressing so far. In the Northeast we have been experiencing it all - snow,ice, bitter cold temperatures, high winds, freezing rain and today fog and rain. The temperature began at an astounding 53 degrees and by late tonight it will be down to zero. Bottom line is that I am sick and tired of having to stay indoors. I'm a chicken when it comes to driving and/or walking on snowy or icy surfaces. Plans are always on hold because of the weather. When will we see the sun again? Some moderation would be nice.

Even wearing my Ripka around the house hasn't cheered me up!

Respected Contributor

Re: OT/ Who's Got The Winter Blues?

One of the great assets about living here is that I no longer get the feelings of cabin fever. I can empathize with all who must get through rough winters.

Contributor

I agree with everything you said. Woke up yesterday and found it had snowed...again!!

Will be so glad when Spring arrives.

Super Contributor

Hi there! Yes, the weather has been erratic, but I don't mind it. I loved all of the snow, and three days later it's completely gone! You can't ask for better than that. When it lingers for weeks and is all dirty, that's depressing. WARNING!!!!! Come tonight into tomorrow, expect a lot of black ice!!!!! Be careful driving and walking, please.

Regular Contributor

I am with you Harold's Wife! We started this weather too early in December and now it feels like an eternity. I am sick of the weatherman making everything a big deal and then getting it wrong, sick of being nervous to drive, not knowing if there is icy on the road that I cannot see....I could go on and on!!! I get the blues every winter. One of my friends swear by her light therapy lamp she purchased on Amazon. I may break down and get it!!! Hang in there...only a few months left. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Regular Contributor

Just had sideways rain outside my window. Will now wait for temps to plummet to 0 degrees tonight. This is going to be one looooong winter. Just one little glimmer of hope that I saw...the daylight hours are a wee bit longer now.

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladies, it is -16 in Chicago with a nasty wind making it -47. I'm not going into work! I'm just getting over a 2 week flu and enough! We got 12" of snow then this. Worst Winter.....be safe.
Super Contributor

I live in Boston, so can sympathize! I am visiting my daughters in NC & LOVE this climate!! So wish DH would consider moving here. I will be crying on Friday when I have to return to MA.

Respected Contributor

We have had everything from tornados to sub zero temps and wind chills, snow, rain, sleet and freezing rain over the past month. It's just part of nature and this too shall pass. Before you know it we will have on our shorts and flip flops complaining about the heat and humidity. I rarely complain about cold weather since I am not a fan of muggy hot weather. Just remember, before too long the daffodils and crocuses will poke their little heads up from the soil and with that comes the promise of spring and warmer weather!

Frequent Contributor

I am anxious for summer. It was -36 this a.m. - we've had at least a month of temperatures below zero or plenty of snow (one or the other). I spent 5 hours shovelling snow (multiple places) and then it dropped into the artic temperatures (again). I know what you mean about being nervous to drive, the roads were snow/ice covered yesterday and I found myself holding my breath as I drove. Yuck!