Honored Contributor

Jewelry Reviews: Hit or Miss

I recently purchased /> in the Platinum Embraced option. I have smaller Diamond hoops in YG but have always thought that in some things WG shows better. I ordered these on a whim during one of SHQ's recent 15% off promotions. I received the earrings just before Christmas and I am really impressed. They are currently sold out but the number is <strong>134-464</strong>.</p> <p>Although the description states that the DEW is a little over 4 ct - 2 per earring - they do not look ostentatious. One reason is because the white stones in the white metal is not as much of a contrast as it would be in either of the other two choices. I cannot wear SS earrings for an extended period so these will be relegated to special occasions of a couple of hours at the most. Last Saturday I wore them to a gathering and my friends assumed they were real. I'll be honest, as they Thank you". Lastly, this was my first Brilliante purchase but won't be my last.

I haven't been posting a long time but have been reading. I hope that others will join in and post about their jewelry purchases.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Super Contributor

Re: Jewelry Reviews: Hit or Miss

Don't give up.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2014 ennui1 said:

Don't give up. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Ennui, thanks for the reply. I guess if one is relatively new and doesn't have a catastrophic or heart-wrenching tale, it's easy to ignore.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Super Contributor

On 1/4/2014 Tique said:
On 1/4/2014 ennui1 said:

Don't give up. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Ennui, thanks for the reply. I guess if one is relatively new and doesn't have a catastrophic or heart-wrenching tale, it's easy to ignore.

The jewelry forum tends to be a little slow. When one of the designers is around, traffic picks up.

Respected Contributor

Hello Tique, Congrats on your first Brilliante! I am glad you had the kind of reaction you got and you better get use to it if you continue to buy there. I an their customer for 14-15 years already and have a wonderful collection of real things and B rail liane. I actually love my Brilliante pieces just as much,they look very authentic (provided I do not buy huge rocks). I mix it with real things, travel with it and wear it for special occasions. Always get compliments. Sonia Bitton's is especially amazing and very high end. These days I cannot think of buying her real things. I rather travel. I think your opinion of these boards are very true, but anyhow, enjoy your-earrings in good health.
Honored Contributor

Hi Sanna. I had purposely not purchased too much jewelry with simulated stones. I own a few pieces of Diamonique from years ago, all set in 14K. My one buy of HSN's Absolute, a three-stone ring, left me completely underwhelmed so never tried more. Thanks for replying and sharing the info on Brilliante.

Super Contributor

Those look beautiful! I've only just gone back to purchasing from SHQ, after having nothing but bad experiences previously. They seemed to have really stepped up their game since, and I've gotten some wonderful things from them over the past year or so.

Enjoy your earrings!

Honored Contributor

Jetts_mom, I guess we've all had some bad experiences with at least one of the shopping channels. I'm glad that your recent purchases from SHQ have been better.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how to post little photos like that but I recently bought 2 ShopHQ items that were winners.

One was the NYC II sterling and white zircon inspirational word pendants. Item 136-585. These were a repeat TTV but this time the price was cheaper. I bought the one that said laugh. It is much more substantial in weight than I thought it would be. I honestly expected kinda thin and flimsy for the cost but it's not at all. I really like this.

I also bought 131-583 which is an Adaire freeform pendant with metallic cord made with Swarovski Elements. I bought the clear and the longest length. This is really pretty too.

Honored Contributor

136-585 Stylized 131-583

Lipstick Diva, thanks for the reviews. I almost purchased one of the NYC pendants. Couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted. The Adaire pendant is beautiful. You can certainly wear that with a lot of different things.