Occasional Contributor

Horrible clasp on JTV pearl necklace

I purchased a high-priced pearl necklace (pwa022) from JTV as a gift to myself for the holidays. The pearls themselves are beautiful but the clasp is impossible to put on. It has parts that continue to move and is the worst clasp I have ever seen ( AND I HAVE ALOT OF JEWELRY). Whoever designed the clasp should seek another line of work. Just wanted to warn you jewelry lovers out there! It 's only Honora for me from now on!
Occasional Contributor

Re: Horrible clasp on JTV pearl necklace

Thank you to Calmin The Heart for suggesting pearlparadisedotcom. They have some lovely items and I'm in the process of making a selection. As for the person who suggested I didn't know how to open/close the JTV necklace clasp, that was not the case. In the box, it seemed easy enough to open, but when you put it on your neck, it was impossible to get both portions closed. The JTV hosts should be sure to show the clasp and demonstrate putting it on their own necks -- they just use magnets to put all their necklaces on easily.

In the end, I returned the JTV pearl necklace. I felt a piece at such a high price point should have a secure but WORKABLE clasp! Thanks everyone for all your advice and also for listening.

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 Gemlover said:

Thank you to Calmin The Heart for suggesting pearlparadisedotcom. They have some lovely items and I'm in the process of making a selection. As for the person who suggested I didn't know how to open/close the JTV necklace clasp, that was not the case.

I don't think it was me; I just thought maybe you needed some practice.

That photo I posted of the ball clasp came from PP, so be prepared.

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2013 PatsyCline said:

I would call them, and talk it over with their customer service people, I've bought a few things, and they have very good customer service. (:

I'm very happy to know this.

I just discovered today JTV is broadcast on my cable service, I could be in trouble, the first item I saw I wanted to order! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

When the hosts model necklaces they slip a magnetic clasp over the real clasp so they can get it on & off easily. Put your necklace on with the clasp in the front & look in the mirror to hook it over the bar and then snap it in or have the clasp changed!