Honored Contributor

Are people not buying as much Diamonique?

Not many recent threads started about Diamonique, I guess people are not buying as much. I think the last time I bought Diamonique was a year or so ago, I think since they don't have the designer brands any more it's not a big seller, I still enjoy watching the Diamonique shows though. I wish QVC would design more vintage looking pieces, especially rings and bracelets.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are people not buying as much Diamonique?

I haven't bought any in quite a while. I have a pretty good jewelry wardrobe that I've accumulated over the years--all the basics plus some. I don't buy nearly as much as I once did unless it is really something unique and spectacular.

Frequent Contributor

I had stepped away from QVC in general about 10 years ago when I got divorced. I tend to like the bridal-looking pieces, and it just wasn't apropriate when I was unmarried (and broke). I have since remarried and had been wearing my grandmother's lovely one carat diamond with a simple gold wedding band, but came back to QVC last September for bareMinerals and stayed for Diamonique! I love these wedding, engagement and anniversary Diamonique/Epiphany "staple" pieces. I am an RN in a busy emergency department in a community hospital, and sometimes you just need a boost! There's nothing like a pretty little sparkler that looks as real as my grandmother's diamond for a pick me up (and without worrying about anything happening to a treasured heirloom). It gives the patients something to comment on. Sometimes I just say "thank you", and sometimes I will let a nice lady in on my DMQ secret! I love the DMQ presentations to see how the hosts 'show" the pieces, like the new Epiphany Design of the Month solitaires. Both Amy and Antonella really presented these items well. It was a pleasure to watch!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I just came back to it, in the form of ear rings, I've come full circle now. LOL

Occasional Contributor

The last time I bought DMQ was about a year ago when I purchased a pair of simple Epiphany lever back earrings to replace an older pair of DMQ earrings in sterling I have worn for years and years to the point that the lever backs are loose and no longer secure. I want my DMQ to look real, so I want styles with smaller stones, and I preferred 14K gold and sterling. I don't want clad, and the Epiphany earrings are the only piece of Epiphany that I own. The problem seems to be that the cost of 14K gold and sterling is so high these days that it's ridiculous to set DMQ in them. I don't own any Affinity pieces because if I'm going to buy real diamonds, I want to buy them from a local jeweler where I can see what I'm getting. Same problem though with Affinity -- it seems ridiculous to set diamonds in sterling and charge $500-600. It's also why I don't buy Ripka -- not paying those prices for clad and fake diamonds.

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2013 missyw1 said: Love my Tacori Diamonique!

I'm gonna have to agree with you one million percent! I wear my Tacori ""engagement ring"" every single day and I love it!! The problem is I have gotten too chubby for my real engagement ring!!

But I generally agree with you ladies - how much of this stuff does one really need???

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

They are worthless. A shame because good diamonds are just too expensive. I think people are sick of them. So much of them are around, especially shopping channels. The only value is the metal its set in. So if you're lucky to have one set in real gold.....my hat to you.

Valued Contributor

Most diamonique is too huge for my taste and they are pretty much only offering Epiphany which is too light and bright. It looks like silver. Also they are now scrimping on settings which makes it really unbelievable. Who's going to have a chintzy light setting with a 4 pronged 3 carat ring?
Honored Contributor

I have been wanting to buy a Diamonique ring for more than a year, for a right hand ring ..... but most of them are just too bridal or too anniversary-ish. Not what I was looking for. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

I love DMQ...but they need to offer believable sizes in either sterling or 14K like they used to do. I would definitely buy many! I don't want or need 3-5 carat stones.