Regular Contributor
Enough with all the pitted ringed pearls and also the bronze metal. A little goes a long way. Show me some new color combos in keshi, potato, rondel, baroque....anything but ringed. Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Hasn't everyone purchased pearls with silver, too? They've been around and around and around for years. If that's how you're going to decide what QVC should offer, they certainly should stop selling so much silver!

I love the bronze when it's well done - and Honora does it well. Further, they haven't really offered those of us who like it very much at all. We're really left out when you compare the offerings to Ripka and Bixby and Dawkins and and and .... I say - more bronze, please --at least until gold sinks to $400 an ounce!

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2013 Lotus~ said:

I almost agree.....I like all the different types of pearls.

But.....

ENOUGH already with the freaking bronze!!! Silver is NOT that expensive....Please don't take us for fools. Are they kidding me?

Bring back the sterling.

From your lips to God's ears ........ ENOUGH with all the bronze!

Valued Contributor
Bronze is cheap. So are the pearls. If customers weren't foolish enough to buy this stuff, QVC wouldn't charge so much and market it as fine jewelry. Just like Bronzo Italia, Oro Novo and Argento Novo. Not worth the price. Paint chips are thicker than the plating on the latter two. My jeweler made me promise to never buy gold over resin. He's seen too much of it unrepairable.
Valued Contributor
On 9/12/2013 Nadjalu said: Ringed pearls are not necessarily freshwater. You can find Tahitians that are ringed. What creates a ringed pearl is an irritant, such as a piece of sand gets in there. Then as the mollusk spins the pearl, that irritant creates a groove in the pearl. While all pearls are beautiful in their own right. The above poster that said Honora found a way to market these pearls, that everyone else passes by. In no way should these cost what Honora brings them at. Again you are paying for their name, not the worth if the pearl.

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote. I would never wear those ringed pearls, I would be embarrassed but that is just me. To those of you who like them, enjoy them. My husband bought me a beautiful longer strand of Mikimoto pearls about 40 years ago in Japan. I have never had them restrung. This reminds me I have to have it done. When we were in Tahiti, he bought me a beautiful gold pendant with a 9mm Tahitian pearl and in Hong Kong an 11mm solitaire white pearl. Other than that, I buy my own jewelry, mostly from the Q and am glad that I got all of that gold before it got so expensive. I know, I know, I should get the old guy traveling again since travel seems to make him want to buy me things. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
On 4/12/2014 Raider Fan said:
On 9/12/2013 Nadjalu said: Ringed pearls are not necessarily freshwater. You can find Tahitians that are ringed. What creates a ringed pearl is an irritant, such as a piece of sand gets in there. Then as the mollusk spins the pearl, that irritant creates a groove in the pearl. While all pearls are beautiful in their own right. The above poster that said Honora found a way to market these pearls, that everyone else passes by. In no way should these cost what Honora brings them at. Again you are paying for their name, not the worth if the pearl.

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote. I would never wear those ringed pearls, I would be embarrassed but that is just me. To those of you who like them, enjoy them. My husband bought me a beautiful longer strand of Mikimoto pearls about 40 years ago in Japan. I have never had them restrung. This reminds me I have to have it done. When we were in Tahiti, he bought me a beautiful gold pendant with a 9mm Tahitian pearl and in Hong Kong an 11mm solitaire white pearl. Other than that, I buy my own jewelry, mostly from the Q and am glad that I got all of that gold before it got so expensive. I know, I know, I should get the old guy traveling again since travel seems to make him want to buy me things. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I just love it when people come here to brag about what they already own, what they bought before gold went high, what they wouldn't be caught dead in, blah blah blah. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have a 10mm to 15mm dark green tahitian pearl necklace with circles and pits with mostly round pearls appraised at A+ quality from pearl paradise.com. I paid $275 for this necklace and I just love the organic feel of the 'imperfect' pearls. I do not want to pay $5 to 10,000 for a strand of perfect tahitian pearls so the imperfect circle pearls are a way that I can enjoy a strand of tahitian pearls too.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/12/2013 jewelicious1 said:
On 9/12/2013 tdog said:

Ringed pearls are fine in really pastel colors, but when you dye them the pits make the color uneven and downright ugly at times. Honora seems to bring their inferior pearls to the QVC buyers, in really large quantities!! I am tired of hearing the vendors say they only take the top 3% - the top three percent of WHAT - the lower quality pearls? I am happy for those who are looking for pearls at low price points, but some of us would appreciate some wow pieces with higher prices. I am a pearl lover and am looking for something really special and different, but less than my high end jewelry store would cost.. I think I have gotten over Honora - they seem like the Walmart of pearls now.

Couldn't have said it better myself tdog!

Honora ringed pearls are not the top 3% of quality pearls. Go to other websites that have been mentioned on the jewelry boards to see what real top % look like. Honora has its place and I do like many of their products like their rings and fun earrings. I just ordered the new natural colored keshi and yellow gold 6-8mm necklace they have for the pearl harvest. That is an extraordinary piece and it is a good price. You just have to know what you're buying--buyer beware.

Super Contributor
On 4/12/2014 dperry said:

Honora ringed pearls are not the top 3% of quality pearls.

They might be; I've seen some really bad pearls in stores. So dull, they look like white beads.

I'll have to see if I can find your new keshis. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Regular Contributor

Sorry if someone already posted this, but wanted to be sure to set the record straight. The Honora TSV was STERLING, not bronze. The pearls were not ringed, they were Ming.

I agree about the bronze. I also prefer the Sterling. Fine if they offer equal mix of both, as some people may like/prefer the bronze. I think we are not the only ones who like Sterling, as the TSV sold out lightning fast. We can all hope this will set the stage for future Honora offerings.