Regular Contributor

BRACELET BUDDY IS NO FRIEND, BUT PIECE OF STRING IS

Several weeks ago, I posted a review about one of Judith's bracelets that I like a lot, but is a real hassle to put on. Like so many of her other link bracelets, if I order a small, it fits perfectly once it's on, but it can take more than 20 minutes for me to get it on, so I end up not wearing them as much as I would like to because I am so rushed in the morning. A fellow Ripkanista kindly suggested that I order a Bracelet Buddy to help me, which I did right away. Well, it only works when the link bracelet is generously sized. There is a clamp which you are supposed to fit onto the last link of the bracelet (the link that you attach the lobster claw to), but if the bracelet is small, the clamp falls off as soon as you pull the other end of the bracelet around to meet it. So of course I am returning it. But I sure am glad I ordered it because I suddenly thought about using the same principle as the buddy bracelet, but w/ a piece of string instead. This worked like a charm, & saved me $30.00. Here's how you do it girls: Take a piece of string that is about 7" long & thread it into the loop of the bracelet that is supposed to receive the lobster claw. Make the 2 ends of the string meet. Lay the bracelet over your wrist & grab the 2 ends of the string w/ the thumb & pointer finger of the hand that you are going to put the bracelet on. With your other hand, wrap the bracelet around your wrist until the lobster claw meets the link w/ the string. Hook it & remove the string. This really works!!! It took me 20 seconds to put on my most challenging bracelet - which used to take me a good 20 minutes.