TSV(R) Preview
159 Members and 16686 Guests Online

Jewelry

longterm JR lovers- a question...

Started 1355516323.207 in Judith Ripka | Last reply 1355521668.93 by mizmolly
replies

Is it my imagination, or at one time was the JR line here *not* so heavy on the Diamonique...?

Lately I'd been wanting something new in ss so of course thought to peruse the JR section here. Found 1 or 2 doorknocker type earrings not loaded with DMQ (alas, not quite as large as I'd prefer, being a 'big' doorknocker lover... if it's big enough to go ON the DOOR it's big enough...lol).

But anyway... in looking over the collection here I noticed in some cases the dmq seems to overwhelm the silver... ?? maybe it's just me.

Does anyone else prefer more silver/less Diamonique? also in 'some' cases I'd prefer more silver/fewer colored stones... Was her jewelry here always like that?

Page 1 of 1
PatPrende1355519224.1933687 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Out West

In the first several years, JRQ had no DMQ. I think the DMQ started to be used about ten years ago, more or less. If you check e-b-a-y, you will see some of those pieces from the years prior to that.

"A well-made buttonhole is the only link between Art and Nature." Oscar Wilde

sunshine451355520025.1841921 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

mizmolly, yes.... there was a time when you saw more silver work, less or no diamonique, real stones, and substantial weights. i am so glad that the majority of my pieces came from that period of time.

one time i began a thread that featured items that had no diamonique at all and it was not that easy to find those items..... there were really not that many.

i miss her beautiful silver work and the real stones...... i rarely buy from her line at qvc anymore because it has too much diamonique. i even prefer the pieces from sams club to what has been featured here at qvc.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

newjerseyg­irl1355521125.043624 PostsRegistered 11/20/2007Central New Jersey

You probably would like these older earrings. Sometimes they are on E*B*A*Y.

Judith Ripka Sterling Diamonique Doorknocker Earringsj30945

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~

mizmolly1355521668.93888 PostsRegistered 8/25/2012

PRETTY! but er is it big enough to use on the door? ...

Okay I'm glad it isn't just me thinking they were different backwhen . Now I wish I 'had' been a big JR fan 10+ years ago. As with sooo many other things, I suppose I just thought 'well it'll always be the same if I ever want it." Oops.

Page 1 of 1