Creede Silver Sale
112 Members and 14481 Guests Online

Jewelry

Help for Nancy

Started 1355299944.783 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1356309266.463 by Big Spender

Nancy got the marine link and the figaro link mixed up during her Vincenze style jewelry show. She was presenting bracelets. Nancy, the marine link has a bar across each link and the figaro is an elongated link followed by three small links. They sometimes refer this style of figaro as the three-by-one. Now if QVC would like to send me part of Nancy's paycheck, I would appreciate it!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Page 3 of 3
LipstickDi­va1356034815.32338210 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Wanted to add that Nancy was a host on GemsTV before she came to QVC so she isn't new at this.

As far as the singing, Nancy is a performer and has a masters in music. She has performed in Off-Broadway shows and theatre.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

jeweliciou­s11356050463.447593 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012
On 12/16/2012 ennui said:
On 12/16/2012 birkin baby said:

I guarantee that if many of the "give Nancy a break" supporters were to encounter a sales associate in a brick and mortar store that was as bad as Nancy,they would not be so quick to overlook their poor customer service.It is the job of all sales people to know what they are selling and clearly give info to the customers.

Where do you shop? Because I've yet to encounter a sales clerk who was intellectually invested in the merchandise.

Ask for a gram weight. Ask if they know what the gemstones are, or their source.

The job of all sales people to know what they are selling? You're lucky if they know where the item is located in the store.

<br /> You're not kidding ennui. You're absolutely correct!

Spunkyspou­ts1356167163.377172 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

I really like nancy, in fact I bet she would even be open to this post and take it under consideration. Nancy is very detailed when she is having a good night, she tells you alot about the product and what i really love about Ms. nancy is that she is not focusing on herself all the time, like none of the time, but on the item. SHes a sweetie and a gem, and yet has some room to improve just a bit more, but she has come along way. I say cut her slack on account of her genuine niceness.

Marchwinds1356178814.7937 PostsRegistered 11/30/2012

What a shame that a lot of blog posts/replies are sprinkled with so much negativity, hate and harsh criticism.

While none of you are perfect - no one is...all I read in some of your comments...is just "white noise."

While your "argument" may be that everyone is entitled to an opinion; sure, to some degree that is correct in our freedom of speech. But, also cutting some slack and showing some understanding, kindness and appreciation to the ones who must get in front of a camera, whether they are having a good day or a bad day, should be commended.

How many of you have called out sick just because you do not feel like going to work or make up a little white lie to get out of something? Some of you may have that privilege.

These hosts have little latitude with that, because despite anything that is going on in their lives, the "show must go on." It is not a typical 8 to 5 job or a retail job where you can almost get away with a call out.

While a lot of the hosts seem to be "happy-go-lucky" on air, regardless of how they are feeling or what is going on with them, it is their job to display that on-air personality, so they try their best.

Some hosts are better than others just as some of your co-workers are better than others for whatever reason...that is life.

Constantly bashing, belittling, critiquing, spouting venom to and about hosts and bloggers here, makes you look worse than the ones who may make mistakes.

Hosts are humans, just like you and me. Some pairings work and others don't - just like in your and my real life. It happens. If a host has to pinch hit with a vendor and the chemistry was not there for whatever reason, let the Q bosses worry about that.

I also understand that some customers would claim that if a person works in CS, then they should be "on the ball." Once in awhile, you may get a CS representative who is not as bright and cheery or knowledgeable or goes "above and beyond" like many do; you will also find that with your local mall and other retailers too.

If you are not getting the answers you want or expect, politely thank them and end the call quickly; call back and chances are, you will get the results you seek from another.

No sense getting upset because the effect will trickle to others. And why get your blood pressure up? You stew about it and the other party moves on. So what have you gained really?

If you think you can do a better job with what these hosts and crews must do for their daily on-air shows, then by all means, apply to the Q.

BlingQueen­0221356189735.994643 PostsRegistered 9/23/2012
On 12/22/2012 Marchwinds said:

What a shame that a lot of blog posts/replies are sprinkled with so much negativity, hate and harsh criticism.

While none of you are perfect - no one is...all I read in some of your comments...is just "white noise."

While your "argument" may be that everyone is entitled to an opinion; sure, to some degree that is correct in our freedom of speech. But, also cutting some slack and showing some understanding, kindness and appreciation to the ones who must get in front of a camera, whether they are having a good day or a bad day, should be commended.

How many of you have called out sick just because you do not feel like going to work or make up a little white lie to get out of something? Some of you may have that privilege.

These hosts have little latitude with that, because despite anything that is going on in their lives, the "show must go on." It is not a typical 8 to 5 job or a retail job where you can almost get away with a call out.

While a lot of the hosts seem to be "happy-go-lucky" on air, regardless of how they are feeling or what is going on with them, it is their job to display that on-air personality, so they try their best.

Some hosts are better than others just as some of your co-workers are better than others for whatever reason...that is life.

Constantly bashing, belittling, critiquing, spouting venom to and about hosts and bloggers here, makes you look worse than the ones who may make mistakes.

Hosts are humans, just like you and me. Some pairings work and others don't - just like in your and my real life. It happens. If a host has to pinch hit with a vendor and the chemistry was not there for whatever reason, let the Q bosses worry about that.

I also understand that some customers would claim that if a person works in CS, then they should be "on the ball." Once in awhile, you may get a CS representative who is not as bright and cheery or knowledgeable or goes "above and beyond" like many do; you will also find that with your local mall and other retailers too.

If you are not getting the answers you want or expect, politely thank them and end the call quickly; call back and chances are, you will get the results you seek from another.

No sense getting upset because the effect will trickle to others. And why get your blood pressure up? You stew about it and the other party moves on. So what have you gained really?

If you think you can do a better job with what these hosts and crews must do for their daily on-air shows, then by all means, apply to the Q.

Very well said and I agree with what you said, but in my observation, the more you bash the hosts and vendors, the more popular you are on the boards. They're the ones that get the most responses to their threads that's i've seen. I post very little here now on the boards. I find the nicer you are, the more you're ignored. That's my humble opinion.

Marchwinds1356307833.46737 PostsRegistered 11/30/2012
On 12/22/2012 BlingQueen022 said:
On 12/22/2012 Marchwinds said:

Very well said and I agree with what you said, but in my observation, the more you bash the hosts and vendors, the more popular you are on the boards. They're the ones that get the most responses to their threads that's i've seen. I post very little here now on the boards. I find the nicer you are, the more you're ignored. That's my humble opinion.

Thank you :) And, I believe you are correct - it seems quite shameful that their hate, bashing, gossip, rumors, negativity and nastiness gets the "popular vote."

I have noticed that also (what you refer to), in just "skimming" some of the threads now and then. *SMH*

I am appalled at some of these people's comments about the hosts, vendors and to each other. My goodness.

<br />

LoveMyGod1356309137.96335 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010

I know that Nancy has had a lot going on with her health.Like from what I heard she had breast cancer when she first came to QVC.So we shouldn't judge a book by it cover.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!!!
Thank God For Grandchildren!!!
Save A Child Support Saint Jude!!!!
If it's not broke don't fix it (Honey)
Dianna53

Big Spender1356309266.44770 PostsRegistered 4/14/2007

Love how real Nancy is, she is not at all full of herself. What a breath of fresh air.<br /> Don't change Nancy!

Page 3 of 3