Better Than Black Friday
121 Members and 13058 Guests Online

Jewelry

WATCH COLLECTORS - December 2012

Started 1354376215.107 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1357052037.527 by jenagal
With all the watch sites pushing Christmas sales, it should not be hard to find some new treasurers. If we find something of interest we will post it. Let us know what you find as well. Happy shopping.

Jenagal \\^. .^// When posting on QVC items let's be sure the item # is included. TIA.
My iPad posting means no paragraphs, small font, no highlighting, for starters. Sorry.

Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 ...8Next
jenagal1354376426.796364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
Good to see you again Jazzy, it's too bad you have more than enough work. Isn't that the way though. Some can't find work or more than part time and others are filling in for another, so overworked is the consequences. Hopefully your work situation gets settled down to your liking. We're glad you still find time to stop in and chat. Yes you must get those watches sized, all in due time. Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Jenagal \\^. .^// When posting on QVC items let's be sure the item # is included. TIA.
My iPad posting means no paragraphs, small font, no highlighting, for starters. Sorry.

lavenderju­nkie1354378970.52713207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks for starting a December thread Jena.

terryshay1354384814.647592 PostsRegistered 11/12/2008
Just ordered a new watch. A lp celano, black with diamonds and red rubies! A tad in the expensive side but I had been admiring this watch for awhile and those stress free pays did me in!!!

jenagal1354390233.356364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
Terry, that ought to be a neat looking watch. I just love my wht ceramic w/blk MOP Paisley and those red rubies. The rubies sure stand out against the blk. The MOP is to die for. A tie for the blk Karamica MOP. I've been wearing mine since I got it back from 'repairs' and so far running flawlessly. Would you please respond to my emails. Thx. Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

lavenderju­nkie1354406719.02313207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

That watch is great looking Terry. Enjoy.

I wore a 36 mm black ceramic LP tonight. It was perfect.

Last edited on 12/1/2012

Last edited on 12/1/2012

jenagal1354502553.7776364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
I was looking through ShopNBC shows and I found next Sunday, Renato will be on for 6 hours. CST 1AM - 4AM. 5PM - 8PM. I wish I could look through and see what is being offered, but way too early. Hopefully they will be offering something for the ladies. Anyone pick up any goodies today?

lavenderju­nkie1354509932.813207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks for the heads up Jena.

jenagal1354634376.2676364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
Good morning ladies. Not much going on in the watch dept, I see. Instead of watches, I admit to enjoying another piece of Judith Ripka's cuffs. $$$ wise it's like buying another watch, only it doesn't tick. :)). Let us know of any new finds out there. Have a nice day everyone.

lavenderju­nkie1354642789.88713207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Hi Jena. No new watches for me now. The 12 Days of Dooney has my credit cards attention. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

mariner131354669817.9071065 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

Well, I'm sure Judith and Dooney thank you!!

Anybody get anything from BuyRenato? I got their email proclaiming how good they were going to be their customers, but when I checked the website they didn't have any womens' watches. What's up with that? Was I too late?

Thanks for the heads-up on the Renato show, Jena. I'd really really love to see some womens' designs. Haven't had time to get my new Vulcan sized, and it's just crying out to be worn!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

lavenderju­nkie1354671852.46713207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Mariner: I didn't see any womens watches when I checked buydirect either. Also, I checked the return policy and there is a 10% restocking fee, plus S&H is not refunded. We need to keep this in mind if and when we see womens watches.

jenagal1354821035.366364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
On 12/1/2012 terryshay said: Just ordered a new watch. A lp celano, black with diamonds and red rubies! A tad in the expensive side but I had been admiring this watch for awhile and those stress free pays did me in!!!
Well Terry, you should be getting this new watch soon. Anxiously awaiting your review.

lavenderju­nkie1354841418.44313207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Ladies, espiga, on the bay, has some blue ladies Renato diver watches. Price is fair, but not exceptional... but it looks better when you realize there is no shipping and no tax.

lavenderju­nkie1354928210.48313207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Don't forget... Renato shows on Sunday. I wonder if there will be any ladies watches.

jenagal1354943220.5676364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country
LJ, I've been trying to peek ahead but I can't find out yet. Maybe something in pink??? Now that might push me out of the NBZ. ;))

lavenderju­nkie1354976974.50713207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I just looked and the only 'new' thing is an old Beauty Petite. Maybe they will load up some new items or some older items or change the prices tonight. Renato sent out an email blast saying great price reductions... but the 2 items they listed were of no interest... the interchangeable and a Trex.

luvwatches1354985167.131817 PostsRegistered 6/1/2007

Hi Ladies

Terry I also will be interested in hearing about your new Celano-I have drooled over that one forever but never saw a sale price when I looked. Enjoy it as I am sure it will be a beauty.

I checked the Renatos at Shop when they had a free shipping day with their card recently and there was a purple Vulcanette available so I jumped on it. I had received a 15% discount birthday email from them and was so excited I forgot to use it. I called the next day and they have already credited my card. I have the black and never was able to acquire another until now. I wish they would bring back the Spore with the white MOP dial and blue sapphires that sold out before I could complete my order and never returned. I have the pink Spore and I love it.

I am happy to report my Renato moon dial accurately displayed the full moon on 11/28 front and center so I am very happy and awaiting the next full moon.

Aubnwa Thanks to you I am also the new owner of a beige Karamica with diamonds in the 39mm size. It has the SS trim and the diamonds really make it pop. I have the plain version and don’t wear it as much as my others. Kachina is right IMO about diamonds on the K bezel.

Jena There is a great Ripka sale going on now at Bloomingdales online.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.devil2} I am about 70 miles away from the closest one to me so I rarely get to the store and shop online. I picked up a pair of earrings and am going to look again.

lavenderju­nkie1354992925.10313207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

luvwatches: congratulations on your new watches. Enjoy wearing them.

JavaQueen1355000229.2233692 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

Hey all,

Survived Sandy. Been busy with projects. My contract will end and they will be cutting down the number of issues I edit. Sigh. So I am still wandering the job-hunting jungle in pursuit of prey. Hope all is well with you.

Java

Now for the watch-related stuff.

For any out there wanting Renato, the latest TTV offering will be a Once Only at $99.00. Not bad for a dual-time watch. Apparently, people didn't like that one. But it was a true TTV that was meant to be produced at a low price point and supposed to be what Renato is capable of doing. Their little noses are out-of-joint over the "Made in China." Well, that always went on, Mr. M. was less than forthcoming. They will be showing the Renatos in the wee hours, but a $100 price tag is a good incentive. to either wake up or stay up.

jenagal1355029179.0376364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country

Hi Java. Good to see you. I'm glad Sandy didn't mess up your life. What a shame that happened and so many people still don't have power. Now with winter approaching, not good at all.

I don't see anything in the Renato line up for late tonite so I guess I can go to bed. The special really doesn't call my name. I'll have to see what tomorrow afternoon brings with the 3 Renato shows. Nice to be able to see them again. Just wish the ladies counted. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

lavenderju­nkie1355061869.8813207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Hi Java, nice to hear from you. I hope your holidays are happy and the new year brings only the best for you. Smile

Jena: I just checked the Renato listing and there is nothing new for the ladies. They reduced the price on the petite, and the Vulcan disappeared... maybe it was marked down and someone bought the 1 or 2 left. I DVR'd the show last night, watched a little bit of it this morning, and they did say that Avi would be on Monday throughout the day with ladies gift items, as part of other shows. But I don't really think they will have anything new. They are really pushing the dual time zone watch that was a TTV a few months ago. Nice price, but I don't like the watch.

JazzyVR1355083594.2331142 PostsRegistered 4/23/2006Western PA

Hi ladies.

Taking a moment to stop in.

The Renato dual time watch has a great price, but didn't excite me. Also the additional straps were gone. So as a reward for this killer schedule I'm working, I picked up the blue diver from Espiga today {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. I was amused to see someone selling a pre-owned one for twice the price.

WOTD: The black ceramic diamond Technomarine Neoclassic. I really like this watch and wear it often.

Java: Nice to see you and glad you're ok after Sandy. I grew up on the Jersey Shore, and my little town lost it's boardwalk, and from what I could find out about the first 4 streets from the ocean flooded.

Luv: Congrats on the diamond Karamica.

Hi to everyone else.

Jazzy
Let's Go Pens! Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go!

jenagal1355108452.4036364 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004Midwest: God's Country

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all our watch collectors.

I tried real hard to find a watch on the Renato shows and I did see a couple of the gents watches that I could have ordered in a heartbeat but the case size too hugh for me. So I didn't need to wake up my credit card. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I see espiga on the bay has only one blue diver left. It's funny but when I first spotted them it showed that there were 6 available. Then the next day it said 1 sold and 3 available. Hmmmm...?? Now it says 3 sold and 1 available. What happened to the other 2? Did he pull them? Will they be offered after this one sells out? The disappearance of the 2 puzzle me. Anyway I have so many blue dial watches, the blue Vulcan for instance looks so close to this one. So I'm purposely not grabbing one for I must let someone else get the goodies too. I'll be surprised if that remaining '1' lasts long. If I didn't have the Vulcan I would have snapped it up a couple of days ago.

Good to see you here Jazzy.

JavaQueen1355114481.0833692 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

Thank you all for your kind remarks and well wishes.

Ummm, regarding the Renato dual time piece. I think I was attracted to the complications. But I hadn't ordered one. It turns out that I am getting one for a present. Had texted my friend about the price drop, but they had informed me that I was getting that for Christmas plus straps. Very nice of them.

lavenderju­nkie1355148894.94713207 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Nice friends Java, and nice present. Enjoy your surprise. I have a feeling this watch looks much more impressive in person than on TV. In the past we have all found that we underestimated a lot of the Renato designs. It usually took one of us to order a watch and see it in real life, then everyone else jumped on it too. And we all wanted more!

Jena, I notice that too about the listing for the ladies blue diver. One left now, auction has many weeks to go, but sale only good for a few more days. Very curious.

Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 ...8Next