A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
69 Members and 11241 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Imperial Gold

Started 1283578138.357 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1298482643.04 by Pitzel

Has anyone had trouble/frustration with Imperial Gold jewelry not being real gold? I tried to sell one of my bracelets and the jeweler told me it was not gold! I'm flabbergasted. I have been a customer of QVC for MANY years , and nothing like this has ever happened.

Page 1 of 2
La Cose Be­lla1283582251.953122 PostsRegistered 8/23/2010LaLa Land

I included Imperial Gold in my package to US Goldbuyers and had no problem whatsoever. I received a very large payout. So much more than I was quoted by several local jewelers. Not one jeweler had a problem with any of the Imperial Gold pieces. Try another jeweler, they my need to assay the piece to verify the content. Good luck to you.

Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
Coco Chanel

fluffy21283603394.544464 PostsRegistered 8/29/2009SPB.RUS >>>Beautiful So.California

Are you sure, you are not talking about Eterna gold? There are a lot complaints about gold content of this line.

Last edited on 9/4/2010

Last edited on 9/4/2010

Ripley1091283610946.729346 PostsRegistered 2/1/2006

I wonder if some jewelers have trouble verifying that it's real gold from the way it's made? All those tiny pieces welded together.....I set aside some older pieces to sell, I can't part with my IG.....

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain

1000Jewels1283615257.7572 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

Thanks for all of your input. The bracelet is definately Imperial Gold, and it is missing the gold mark. Sad.

daisy41283630802.9231493 PostsRegistered 6/8/2006

Imperial Gold hasn't been on QVC very much lately. Maybe they are getting complaints about it. I would contact customer service. If they sold it to you as gold and it really isn't - than that is fraud. They should refund your money.

goldenretr­iever1283631113.595873 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006At the lake...in the water...chasing birds...
On 9/4/2010 daisy4 said:

Imperial Gold hasn't been on QVC very much lately. Maybe they are getting complaints about it. I would contact customer service. If they sold it to you as gold and it really isn't - than that is fraud. They should refund your money.

That isn't the reason that Imperial Gold isn't on the Q. I'm sure tha main reason IS THE PRICE OF GOLD! My Imperial Gold pieces are gorgeous, & heavy, & would now be completely out of my price range. I'd find another jeweler.

Now Eterna is another story. I have a pair of hoop earrings that tarnished like brass! WAY overpriced, & not worth it.

Lakeside, with a KONG toy in my mouth.

CalmInTheH­eart1283645386.867124 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

I sold some recently. The jeweler said it was stamped in Mexico and a lot of gold from Mexico is fake. They tested it and it was clearly 14k. I didn't have any trouble then.

Peace

carolann1283722010.2556 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have thought about selling some of my Imperial gold every time it snags something. I did sell one ring with no trouble.

luvmypit1284038177.897733 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007

I LOVE my Imperial Gold and wish I could purchase more!! I get so many compliments every time I wear it! :)

qvcaddition1284060723.785579 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

I had the problem with EG. Some of the pieces I brought to my man for gold prices said they were not real gold.

Katherine M1285927208.172 PostsRegistered 10/1/2010

I just tried today to sell two eterna gold rolo bracelets I paid about $500 for. Jewelers, three of them to be exact said they were not gold. I am furious!! I want my money back.I spend a lot of money here and you can bet that will stop if this isn't fixed to my satisfaction. I may even call my lawyer.

fluffy21285938435.7374464 PostsRegistered 8/29/2009SPB.RUS >>>Beautiful So.California
On 9/9/2010 qvcaddition said:

I had the problem with EG. Some of the pieces I brought to my man for gold prices said they were not real gold.

Many people have the same problems. I think you should get some papers from your local jeweler which show that it does not test like a solid gold and file the complaint with QVC.

All of you , who run into this problem with ETERNA GOLD should do that. You deserve to get your money back and this line should be discontinued, period!

Last edited on 10/1/2010

Last edited on 10/1/2010

quackinqqu­een1285968192.7570 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

Up untill a couple of years ago , Imperial Gold was made here in Texas. Then when the economy started doing what it has been doing , they moved to Mexico. I have a ton of IG and love it all. I could not part with any of it , I could not afford to replace now ! It was all either 14kt or 18kt solid gold. , soldering can only be done on a solid piece and IG is all soldered (?) pieces. Thats why they were pricey to begin with , they were solid. The Q doesnt sell IG anymore because of the economy and the price of gold. If you look thru the jewelry , lots of things have changed. I remember when there were over 100 different styles of just bracelets in 14kt in diamonique to choose from. There are NONE now. There are only a few gold rings , or other iterms to choose from. I miss those days. I like silver , but I am a die hard 14kt gold girl! And I am soo hard on my things , I have to have the heavier pieces. I dont want to buy something just to have it break , bend , dent , kink the 3rd time I wear it.

I treasure my gold pieces and will pass them to my daughter and granddaughters (2). I just hope they will be able to enjoy them as much as I have. I did have a local jeweler who sold the IG , but that was before the "great depression 11". I doubt he is still selling it. I also miss my Sonia Bitton so very much. Ohhh , those were the days!!! LOL who would have thought I would have heard myself say that !

Back to topic at hand , if your jeweler didnt know what Imperial Gold is , GO TO ANOTHER JEWELER!!

CalmInTheH­eart1285976170.6877124 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

IG is stamped in Mexico so jewelers question whether it's real gold. I sold 2 old pieces and they tested 14k just fine. No big deal.

speaking of which.... I found a local independent jeweler who can shorten my IG bracelets. I have 8" bracelets but I've lost 50 pounds so they are too long. I was thrilled that the jeweler could shorten them. And they turned out great!

Peace

Mr_Imperial1287593155.941 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010

If the product you took to your Jeweler was an Imperial Gold product (identified by the 14K IG or 18K IG trademark) you can rest assured that the product is solid gold. Regardless of whether the product was made in the USA (prior to 2004) or in Mexico (2004 and later), attention to metal content and manufaturing quality were always the highest priorities.

As stated by the previous post, I would question the finding of your jeweler.

Jack C.

I.G. Gold, Inc. (Imperial Gold)

kschristine1287975972.8327 PostsRegistered 9/25/2007Kansas City

Hi everyone, I don't post much but this thread caught my eye. I've always enjoyed imperial gold and wished I purchased a few more pieces, especially in white gold or even rose gold. Does anyone know where pieces can be bought now that qvc no longer carries it ... do any of you sell your items on *bay or another site? Thank you for your time!

Bonifide beauty and watch addict ... OH MY!

CaChica1288134094.7975895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 10/20/2010 Mr_Imperial said:

If the product you took to your Jeweler was an Imperial Gold product (identified by the 14K IG or 18K IG trademark) you can rest assured that the product is solid gold. Regardless of whether the product was made in the USA (prior to 2004) or in Mexico (2004 and later), attention to metal content and manufaturing quality were always the highest priorities.

Jack C.

It's nice to see a company rep. posting. Did the company go out of business? Please tell us where we can purchase Imperial Gold now. If you are manufacturing in Mexico is there a retailer in the San Diego area carrying IG? So so sad to see it go. I was waiting for the circle pendant with the pearl to return and also had a couple pairs of hoop earring on my wish list. When I went in to order them they were gone. I don't have any IG and am very sad I missed the pieces I would have loved and treasured. Perhap you will show up on HSN in the future...we can hope...

Last edited on 10/26/2010

Last edited on 10/26/2010

CherylT1288213688.752 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010

I love my IG braclets and rings. I need to get a bracelet repaired and can't find out how to send it to IG to get repaired. Does anyone know their address/website so I can send it to get repaired?

CaChica1288248562.0775895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

Customer service usually has that info. They should be able to give you contact info. for IG or find out for you. Wink

Illinois J­udy1288253315.3231727 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007

I need to send my husband's ring in for repair for the second time. The first time, the company was still in Texas and it took forever to hear from them or to get the ring fixed. Now I am afraid to send it again and with the price of gold, it will cost a lot to repair. I'm not sure what to do. We have had matching rings since the late 80's and he really loves his. I will try to call CS and ask for the address but am leary about sending it out of the country. Since we live in a rural area, there aren't many jewelers in this part of the world. Any ideas of an excellent jeweler in Chicago or the surrounding burbs that might be able to repair it?

bella20071289696056.913128 PostsRegistered 5/22/2007

{#emotions_dlg.blushing} i'm going to a party "cash for gold, and i found some imperial gold. i then researched under gold and saw nothing for imperial gold and eternagold had hardly nothing for bracelets, except 8 or larger.

this tells me that these shows will no longer be with qvc.

i saw bob bowersox on shop nbc and the other guy that david venable took over for but i can't remember his name. lots of people are no longer with qvc, what is going on?

arrabella1289854235.4931387 PostsRegistered 1/25/2007So. Ca.
On 10/1/2010 quackinqqueen said:

Up untill a couple of years ago , Imperial Gold was made here in Texas. Then when the economy started doing what it has been doing , they moved to Mexico. I have a ton of IG and love it all. I could not part with any of it , I could not afford to replace now ! It was all either 14kt or 18kt solid gold. , soldering can only be done on a solid piece and IG is all soldered (?) pieces. Thats why they were pricey to begin with , they were solid. The Q doesnt sell IG anymore because of the economy and the price of gold. If you look thru the jewelry , lots of things have changed. I remember when there were over 100 different styles of just bracelets in 14kt in diamonique to choose from. There are NONE now. There are only a few gold rings , or other iterms to choose from. I miss those days. I like silver , but I am a die hard 14kt gold girl! And I am soo hard on my things , I have to have the heavier pieces. I dont want to buy something just to have it break , bend , dent , kink the 3rd time I wear it.

I treasure my gold pieces and will pass them to my daughter and granddaughters (2). I just hope they will be able to enjoy them as much as I have. I did have a local jeweler who sold the IG , but that was before the "great depression 11". I doubt he is still selling it. I also miss my Sonia Bitton so very much. Ohhh , those were the days!!! LOL who would have thought I would have heard myself say that !

Back to topic at hand , if your jeweler didnt know what Imperial Gold is , GO TO ANOTHER JEWELER!!

Like you, I have many pieces of IG back before they were made in Mexico. I collected it for many years and didn’t know they moved their plant to Mexico. The way I found out is I have a bracelet that was a little too big and I wanted to have it shortened. Much to my surprise when I went to their web site it stated if it was made in the USA, you sent it to one address and if it was made in Mexico, you had to send it to a diffferent address. I checked all my pieces and they we all made in the USA. I haven’t purchased any that was made in Mexico and don’t plan to do so. There are probably a lot of women who weren’t aware the it was no longer made in the USA, at least the pieces that QVC was selling.

ddoiron1292204700.6031 PostsRegistered 12/12/2010
On 10/20/2010 Mr_Imperial said:

Jack C.

One warning on your real IG Gold jewerly. As you all know it is warrantied through a company in Texas. I sent my bracelet, the same one as pictured below to be repaired in April of 2010. I insured it when shipping with all the pertinent contact information whereas it was a gift and yes the monetary value was important but the sentimental value cannot be replaced. For months I heard nothing and called and emailed IG. No response. When I did get a call I kept the number from my caller ID and that was the only way I could get any dialogue in regard to my bracelet. I spent many days attempting to get a status of my bracelet with to no avail. When I was able to reach someone, I was told they were waiting on parts. Five months later I received an email stating my bracelet was shipped. After waiting two weeks because the email gave me two different shipping dates, I responded to the email, again with no reply. When I called the number I had I was informed the bracelet was shipped to an old address and was not shipped with a signature requested.

Below was the last correspondence I received. At the time of purchase my bracelet was $500 (what are gold prices today?????) and they are offering me $250 for replacement, BUT that was October 8, 2010 and on top of loosing my bracelet after (5) months, I still do not have my money over (60) days after they stated it would be reimbursed.

My warning to everyone out there is NOT TO SEND YOUR jewlery to TEXAS if you ever want to see it again. Find a local jeweler you can trust and have them repair it. This entire fiasco has been a nightmare I would not wish on anyone.

Hi Desiree,
Here is the shipping information you requested. As you can see, the bracelet was delivered to your old address and I am afraid that the insurance will not cover our loss. We insured the bracelet for $250.00 which is what we considered to be the fair market value. I assume the bracelet will not be recovered, so we will issue you a reimbursement payment in the amount of $250.00. I apologize for this problem and will start the payment process.
Best Regards,
Jack Camhi

Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 2:50 PM
To: Jack Camhi
Subject: Shipment Notice:

Mr. Camhi,

This is the tracking information you requested on the package

A package was shipped to you via the U.S. Postal Service
and will be delivered to:

Shipment Date.............8/6/10
Mail Class................First-Class Mail(R)
Signature Required........No
Confirmation Number.......9101010521297664876920

Following is the package status from Stamps.com:<br /> <br />

Postage Transaction Record

Friday, October 08, 2010

Device ID: 062S0005075500

Print Date: August 06, 2010 - 03:29:48 PM

Mail Date: August 06, 2010

User: iggold

Customer ID: 1804304

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Return I.G. Service

Address: 7324 Southwest Freeway

Suite 216

Houston

Tx. 77074

Delivery

Address:

Tarpon Springs FL 34689-3919

Tracking #: 9101010521297664876920

Weight: 0 lbs 3 oz

Refund Type: e/Refund

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cost: Postage

Mail Class

First-Class Mail®: $1.56

Special Services

e/Delivery Confirmation: $0.19

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Total Postage: $1.75

Additional Charges (billed on next statement) *

Stamps.com Insurance ($250.00): $3.48

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Total Additional Charges: $2.48

Total Cost: $5.23*

Tracking Status

August 11, 2010 - 11:06:00 DELIVERED

Your item was delivered at 11:06:00 on August 11, 2010 in TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34689.

August 11, 2010 - 09:11:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY

TARPON SPRINGS, FL

US

August 11, 2010 - 08:41:00 SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE

TARPON SPRINGS, FL

US

August 11, 2010 - 06:10:00 ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Your item arrived at TARPON SPRINGS post office, 34689 at 06:10:00 on August 11, 2010.

August 10, 2010 - 23:43:00 ENROUTE

Your item arrived at the TAMPA, FL processing facility at 23:43:00 on August 10, 2010.

August 9, 2010 - 20:36:00 ENROUTE

Your item arrived at the HOUSTON, TX processing facility at 20:36:00 on August 9, 2010.

August 6, 2010 ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION

The U.S. Postal Service received electronic notification of your item on August 6, 2010.

* Fees listed under Additional Charges will be processed during your next billing cycle.

circles1292213178.85317425 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.

ddoiron....what a terrible way to treat their customers...how could he possibly say the value of that lovely bracelet was only $250.00....Sounds like some slight of hand going on....

I bought one of the IG bracelets...long ago....the locking clasp seemed strong enough...but it fell off at work...and lost...i called the IG company to see if they would do anything about the poor clasp and my loss...I was told NO, we don't do anything for defective products...that was the last time i bought any more IG....The good news is...I called the Q and they gave me my money back...now how is that for good customer service...

gigot1292271546.375299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Another QVC "gold" issue/problem??Oh brother!!!!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Page 1 of 2