Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

It's April 1 and that means time for a new thread! A warm welcome to all watch enthusiasts who want to discuss watches--whether it be your latest purchase or old favorite. We're always looking for the best deals and are willing to share our experiences and/or knowledge.

Of course, you want to "drop in" and say "Hi," that's good, too!

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

Thx java, for the new thread. April???? It can't be April already. A good day to wind those automatics. I haven't done that in a while and that is my bad. Ok, I'm on my way to getting them out. Anyone following....? Smiley Happy)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Four hours later only 10 done. 6 to go. Smiley Happy). So far all have revived...
Respected Contributor

Happy April to all. More watch shows starting tonight at 10pm EDT. At the moment I'm watched out.... have a huge pile that needs new batteries or resizing. I have to organize them and make lists. Too much for one trip to the watch maker.

Thanks for the reminder about winding those automatics. I added it to my to do list.

Respected Contributor

Hello all:

It appears that they will be offering either a Grand Lupah or Baby Lupah (MOP) on bracelet as a TTV. I think the BP is really great on a bracelet. It's a good midsize for women.

My pet peeve with the BP is that they have dumbed it down from the original Swiss Movement and 10ATM and the strap sets. The leather quality isn't always the best. But after comparing it against a "classic" pea-sized watch case, I know why it's so popular--it's easy to read. It's also not too expensive. And it is different-looking. I have been wearing my all stainless steel on a bracelet and love it. And people really comment on it.

Just posting in case any lurkers are interested. Smiley Happy

I know what you mean about being "watched out" LJ. Count me in that group.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Java. I don't think this Lupah is for me. It's actually a little smaller than the Lupah Sports that I just bought. I have quite a lot of SS bracelet watches now, so I think I can let this one go. I really wish they would make a Lupah about 38 - 40mm.

Respected Contributor

I also love the Baby Lupah on the bracelet. I have an older version called the butterfly, which had a white mop dial with a butterfly outline on the dial... very graphic. Good presence and very comfortable. I'm tempted by the black mop dial, but I'm trying to resist. I have a 'few' other black dial SS watches in my collection. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Even though I'm wearing larger watches now, the BL on the bracelet seems to work. I much prefer it to the BL on the strap.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone see Tim's web cast last night.... I wasn't able to view it. Anything interesting? Earlier in the day Allison alluded to some announcement.... but then didn't say what it was.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see it either but I bet it's about what jazzy mentioned...the purchase of TechnoMarine and offering now their watches. But that's just a guess.
Respected Contributor

Happy holiday to all.

24 hours of Invicta started last night. So far, nothing to tempt me, even thought it's supposed to be all warehouse sale pricing.